Kumho Maxplo tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kumhotyre.co.uk/kumho-news/introducing-the-maxplo-concept/

A wild looking tire, that you definitely won't find at TireRack today. Maybe 20 years from now? Maybe never?

"…...The Maxplo is an all weather, all location, all terrain concept tyre. Basically an invincible tyre. With intersectional large tread blocks and stable shoulder blocks to provide responsive handling, high-speed stability and traction on dry roads; this tyre is ready for anything you can throw at it. Circumferential and three dimensional grooves are aimed to pump water out from beneath the tyres footprint, ensuring minimised hydroplaning and wet traction. The internal structure is reinforced to enhance handling, improve high speed capability and ease travel over snow and mud terrains………………"

The wheel itself isn't symmetrical and is therefore unbalanced, what a terrible concept. Pretty art though.

nope. maxplo sounds too much like Explode to my ears. and explode is the last thing i want to think about when i look at my tires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
nope. maxplo sounds too much like Explode to my ears. and explode is the last thing i want to think about when i look at my tires.

I'm guessing they are hubless wheels. that flow-y triangular bit in the middle stays still.

It would be good if Kumho makes good decent tire that can last more then 15K without developing flat spot etc, before they go into business of art and design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back