Submitting post delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
For the past several months I have noticed that after typing my reply in the blank white box and then clicking SUBMIT, it usually takes 15-20 seconds for the reply to appear.

Been coming here to post for over 10 years and this is new to me.
Is this delay on my high speed internet-end or on BITOG's server-end?

I haven't seen the delay you speak of and knowing the server, leads me to believe it's probably on your end. I'm sure others will share their experiences. If there is something on our end, we will figure it out.

Wayne

1.2 seconds here. I just timed it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
For the past several months I have noticed that after typing my reply in the blank white box and then clicking SUBMIT, it usually takes 15-20 seconds for the reply to appear.

It does happen to me on occasion, but majority of time it's pretty quick.

Post delays are time-of-day/day-of-week dependent here at the hotel. Really cra*py service, but it is free. At home I had similar issues until I replaced the TWC cable modem with a new Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 cable modem. Now post times re eye-blink or faster. And I saved $8/month.

Modem could be the problem, but I doubt it. I belong to 13 other forums/messageboards involving guns and major league baseball. This place is the only one that does the stalling part.

It does not happen all the time. It's unpredictable, but happens every-other-visit at-least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back