Conoco 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder why I just dont run Trop Artic in everything. It is that good. Fickle BITOG sickness I guess.

Phillips 66 and Conoco stations are as common as dandelions in the midwest. Shell I have to hunt for but can be found.

Again awesome info guys. I went with pennzoil gold found 5 quart jug at Walmart for 16 and some change. I went with a FRAM synthetic filter and will do a UOA after 5K.

The 4.3 V6 in your truck is the same engine that spec'd SN/GF-5 conventional in 2010, prior to dexos. Buy the Conoco and forget about it. dexos is another way for GM to make money. Seriously, I'm not hating on the brand, but it's a money maker more than it's an oil requirement. I wouldn't hesitate to run plain conventional in a brand new EcoTec 3 in a Silverado.

Originally Posted By: burchster13
Again awesome info guys. I went with pennzoil gold found 5 quart jug at Walmart for 16 and some change. I went with a FRAM synthetic filter and will do a UOA after 5K.

Glad you decided to give Pennzoil a try burchster13! We'd be interested to hear about your experience using Pennzoil Gold and take a look at the UOA once completed. Happy driving! - The Pennzoil Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back