Motorcraft 5w30 semi synthetic replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
At times it can be difficult for me to obtain Motorcraft 5w30 semi synthetic for my 2011 V-6 Ford Ranger and I'd like to find an equal if not superior substitute.Suggestions?

Any motor oil that meets the WSS-M2C946-A specification set by Ford.

Pretty much any oil (conventional or otherwise meets) this spec.

Go to the manufacturer's website and search for this specification on their 5w-30 oil.

If you had an oil in mind that you wanted to try, see if it meets this spec (and it most likely will).

Trop Artic is awesome if you have it available, it's near identical to the Motorcraft you have been using.

Any of the Dexos blends should also be at least as good as Motorcraft, Pennzoil Gold, Castrol Magnatech, Quaker State blend. Maxlife is an awesome blend too if the high mileage thing doesn't bother you, some people get stuck on it.

The mentioned PYB is likely as good or better as well.

Motorcraft is always in stock at the WalMarts that I go to. I would guess if you can't find Motorcraft you will have a harder time finding Trop Artic or Kendall. Any name brand will do.

My advice if you cant find it is to find a Dexos spec syn blend 5W30. The Pennzoil or Quaker State synthetic blends recommended earlier would be a solid choice.

Kendall oil, Trop Artic, or 76 Super should be very similar to the Motorcraft. If you can't find those, look for Pennzoil Gold bottle. It's 50% synthetic, and only cost $1.50 more for a five quart jug at Walmart than the five quart jug of PYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back