Men's fashion (?...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I've got a 34" waist but wear 46 long in suit jackets. There-in lies the rub. Something that fits in the shoulders is a tent at the waist and if it's compatible with tailoring I usually then pony up for having it taken-in.

Eddie Bauer.

Much of their clothing is available in a "tall" version. More length in the arms and torso, without the additional bulk in the shoulders and around the middle.

This fit is typical of "un-athletic white guy": Tall, but with short legs and a long torso.

I'm an athletic white guy, though. 34" inseam, 34 waist, 46 chest, 38" sleeve in dress shirts. Pants are easy 34x34 usually does it, but shirts and jackets are difficult. Even short sleeves often need to have an extra two inches or so of length to avoid looking goofy due to arm length.

I love the concept of the online clothes clubs where they ship stuff monthly, but the reality is I need to try on shirts and jackets before buying. Fitting rooms are my friend.

I am trying to find a perforated leather summer motorcycle jacket right now and it's tough, due to sleeve length, chest size vs. waist and gut area sizing of the jackets out there. So far, there is a certain jacket by Icon that looks promising fit-wise according to specs and reviews but as usual with Icon they have their logo all over it in a noticeable and permanent way, which I don't care a lot for.

Okay, here's a very un-bitog topic. I know most of us probably aren't looking like we were dressed by the fashion consultant for GQ magazine. Never been a clothes horse myself. But my situation sort of needs a tweak. I need to get more with the program on clothes if I ever intend to get back into the dating game. If I buy middle age guy clothes, the shirts, sweaters, etc are always too huge in the waist. I've got a 34" waist but wear 46 long in suit jackets. There-in lies the rub. Something that fits in the shoulders is a tent at the waist and if it's compatible with tailoring I usually then pony up for having it taken-in.

So here's it in a nutshell. Clothes in the young men's section fit my build better, but I don't want to look like an old dude (52) trying to dress too far below his age. But also don't want to look like a grandpa either.

Okay, this whole post is very chick-esque. Go easy on me!

If you want to look hip, head to Indochino.com and get a few tailored suits and shirts. Right now they are running a sale where you can get linen and wool suits and separates at reasonable prices.

http://www.indochino.com/collection/sale

Get some nice shoes, keep them in tip-top shape.

From the description of your body type, it looks like ready made clothing does not work for you.

Last edited:
Welcome to my world. A chest of 50 inches, waist 36-37 inches, 30 inch inseam and I'm 5'11"

So I'm big and tall man from the waist up.

I simply look for athletic cut tall clothes.

You can find tapered shirts that fit in the chest, but are cut a bit slimmer in the waist. But it's a chore.

I feel you.

I buy a fair bit of LL Bean stuff. It's well made, they have tall sizes and you can get some things tapered.

Okay, here's a very un-bitog topic. I know most of us probably aren't looking like we were dressed by the fashion consultant for GQ magazine. Never been a clothes horse myself. But my situation sort of needs a tweak. I need to get more with the program on clothes if I ever intend to get back into the dating game. If I buy middle age guy clothes, the shirts, sweaters, etc are always too huge in the waist. I've got a 34" waist but wear 46 long in suit jackets. There-in lies the rub. Something that fits in the shoulders is a tent at the waist and if it's compatible with tailoring I usually then pony up for having it taken-in.

So here's it in a nutshell. Clothes in the young men's section fit my build better, but I don't want to look like an old dude (52) trying to dress too far below his age. But also don't want to look like a grandpa either.

Okay, this whole post is very chick-esque. Go easy on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back