Pennzoil ultra platinum 0w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
So SOPUS deliberately omitted the BMW LL-01 spec from this oil's label so that the poor BMW owners would have to go buy it from the BMW service dept for twice the price.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's quite obvious that SOPUS has no desire to compete with M1 0w-40 or Castrol 0w-30 or 0w-40 (or even Castrol 5w-40, for that matter). They obviously need to get more ILSAC 5w-30 and 5w-20 varieties onto the market, which is so sorely in short supply of them. After all, SOPUS only markets about 9 different SN/GF-5 5w-30 offerings.

That's the only reason Shell started using GTL base stocks - so they could have another variable to differentiate products in this enormous glut. If they add any more, they'll have to experiment with sodium add packs.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's quite obvious that SOPUS has no desire to compete with M1 0w-40 or Castrol 0w-30 or 0w-40 (or even Castrol 5w-40, for that matter).

To be fair, Pennzoil Euro 5w-40 does compete with the ones you mentioned, and it is now available at may auto part stores here in the US. But it is not available at Walmart which has the best prices on other Euro oils such as M1 0w-40 and Castrol 0w-40 in 5qt jugs.

I still haven't seen it up here. I'm sure it might exist, at least at place like NAPA, but possibly only under special order. As much grief as I give Walmart Canada and Canadian Tire, at least they do have M1 0w-40 and the European Castrol stuff. Then, the closest Pennzoil-Quaker State distributor is about an hour away, whereas the regular Shell distributor here isn't allowed to sell anything except Formula Shell and Rotella products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back