New Can Am Outlander Max 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a brand new Can Am Outlander 800. It is a 2013 model, but is brand new. Can Am specifies changing engine oil and filter at 10 hours. Does anyone know if these machines actually come with break in oil or is Can Am just trying to increase business for their dealers? I plan on running Rotella T-6 after I do the first change, I am just trying to decide how long to leave the factory fill oil in the crank case.

I would follow the OM to the letter. My Kawasaki Brute Force 750 stated 10 hours and I UOA'ed it afterwards and it had sheared a LOT. My BF is shared sump and tends to shred the oil, but Rotella T and T6 have held up well; use it with confidence.

I don't know if it is a true break-in oil, but probably a good idea to follow Can Am's direction for warranty purposes.

I ran Mobil 1 0w-40 in my 650. The Can Am forums have lots of info and tips on servicing.

Enjoy your new ride.

I performed the first oil change at 23 hours and the original fill oil was still super clean. No debris in the oil filter either. The gear box oil was a different story, lots of metal flake and some debris on the magnet. Engine got rotella t-6 and trans got Valvoline 80-140 synthetic. Now I just need some nice weather to go for a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back