Best oil for a long (2.5k) highway run with an HD TC88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dernp
Originally Posted By: hpb
Not to sound facetious, but if he's had the bike for 10 years now, surely he's figured out which oil he likes in it?

This site is about offering advice and helping people make wise choices with respect to their vehicles. If you have nothing to offer, then turn your computer off and find something constructive to do with your life.

It is not just about change...it, to me and someothers, isabout changefor the better. So, as was stated, if what he has beendoing for ten years works well, then why mess with successjustbecause you can?

My 2007 Fatboy had an 88TC that I ran Schaeffer's 707 in. My 2014 Wide Glide with a 103 runs the same 707. It's not cheap or easy to get. My second choice might be (haven't used it yet) Mobil 1 20w50 V-Twin. Some report more engine noise with the Mobil 1. My engines have been quiet with the Schaeffer's.

If he has been running dino oil in it , i might keep the same. Simply that on a long highway trip, you don't want to find out that it uses more oil with syn and run low. I don't use them in my cars, but i like amsoil for my bike and outdoor equipment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back