Differences between liqui moly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering the differences between liqui moly oils? They offer a voll-syntese 0w40, and leichtlauf high tech 5w40, and a synthoil premium 5w40. What are the differences besides weights? Does anyone know

The voll-syntese is a "true" synthetic per German law.

27.gif

0W40 is group 4 PAO oil
5W40 Leichtlauf and Synthoil premium are both group 3 oils, not sure what is the difference, but Synthoil premium is for the US market only. In Europe we get Synthoil High Tech 5W40 which is group 4 PAO oil.

I went on my local auto parts stores website because they are the only store that can get liqui moly around me and they have to of the leichtlauf high tech 5w40's listed on there. One is in a purple bottle for $28 per 5 liter and the other is in a blue bottle for $38 per 5 liter? It's confusing.

Oh the second Leichtlauf must be HC7, which is designed for gas fueled engines (LPG). It has a lower TBN than Leitchlauf HT as LPG burns cleaner I think.

This is my finding:

5W-40 Synthoil Premium has LL-98 rating
5W-40 Leichtlauf High Tech has LL-01 rating

so the latter one must be of a newer formulation right?

That would appear to be the case. I suspect LiquiMoly is stronger in their LL-04 offerings, since LL-01 is generally just for USA cars now.

Originally Posted By: Leonardo629
This is my finding:

5W-40 Synthoil Premium has LL-98 rating
5W-40 Leichtlauf High Tech has LL-01 rating

so the latter one must be of a newer formulation right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back