Wheel score

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4Runner has 18" wheels which become a problem if you want to install a lift, which I do, and its getting near time to buy new tires. I don't like the stock nose droop and have scraped the bottom while out in the desert. Plus, oil changes will be easier with a lift! Using the current 18s can be solved with wheel spacers (~$200), but that can have issues. Toyota Trail Edition 17" wheels have an offset which solves this issue.
So I started to search. I looked on Craigslist and saw an ad which was already a month old and thought "With these wheels, the seller HAD to have forgotten to take it down." They're off a 2012 4Runner with only ~630 miles and stored since then.
Sent an email and had a rely within an hour!
banana2.gif
Had them home before lunch...for $300!!
All with center caps and lug nuts, too. I will buy new TPMSs, though, which will ad about $220 as the ones on the 18s are getting close to their due dates of running out of juice.
Hopefully I can get $300+ for my 18s so it'll be a wash.
I still can't believe these were still there after a month!

Nice score. Really nice looking rims! I did almost the same with my Volvo - got some super-fine OEM 18" wheels from a newer car for $300, added TPMS sensors for $200, and sold my 16" wheels for $280. Car needed tires and TPMS sensors anyway, so why not upgrade!

I wonder how those would look on a 80's-90's Toyota pickup or 4runner? My 01 Tundra could use some newer Toyota wheels, those 5 spoke turbine style just looks old.

Last edited:
Finally got these mounted and the lift installed (2.5 front/1.5 rear). I found a matching wheel in almost as good condition at an auto recycler. Tires are Cooper AT3.

Here is the result:

Thanks for the compliments!

eljefino - These wheels came in two versions, the ones I have and another which comes in a metallic gray which I believe came on the FJ Cruisers. I think I would have taken either, but I'm happy they are silver to match the paint.

Good looking Yoda. I like the 4runners a lot.

This is pretty much how my Jeep sits. Slightly taller but not appearing "lifted" while on slightly over sized tires with stock alloy rims. It is light silver too!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back