Mopar or Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good are Mopar oil filters? The mopar site wont work on my phone, deciding between mopar, puro, and fram for filter on a '07 PT Cruiser

Nothing wrong with Mopar filters they are fine just overpriced for what you get IMO. Which Mopar do you use? There are usually Motorcraft equivalents with more features for less money from the exact same manufacturer (Purolator).

I am guessing you can use the Motorcraft FL-910s but not sure which filter you need for sure.

Originally Posted By: jorton
is this filter a purolator or Fram?

Sorry it's not a PT Cruiser but I will buy Mopar if it's not Puro or Fram.

The General Consensus is that in the US Mopar Filters are Purolator. in Canada, they are Wix.

(Motorcraft are also made by purolator, btw, but to a different standard)

I've been wondering if that will change in both countries now with the Magneti Marelli branding. I do notice that the Mopar filter catalog has expanded significantly with that switch, so something has changed somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I've been wondering if that will change in both countries now with the Magneti Marelli branding. I do notice that the Mopar filter catalog has expanded significantly with that switch, so something has changed somewhere.
Magneti Marelli....are they related to the Lucas family?

As in Lucas the LOS guys? I hope not!
wink.gif
I'm curious what the filters will cost, though, in comparison to an AC Delco or a Motorcraft for my G37.

i wish they were wix here in the U.S.

They are purolaters here in the U.S. they are wayyyy overpriced they don't even have a silicone anti drain back valve i use the 090 but would always prefer the wix..

Who makes the SRT filters? I've heard good things about them on the dodge forums. I picked up 3 of them from amazon @ $5 each to use on my Ram.

71ZdyXYwXNL._SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back