Time to reorder some Fluid Film, got a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I order two gallons or the five gallon bucket?

I bought a gallon last year, sprayed my three vehicles; this weekend I ran out after doing just two. So a good gallon per year usage. I have a friend who is interested in my spraying his truck, also. So I might use a full gallon this fall.

The question is, in your opinion, is dealing with the smaller can easier? It is cheaper (per ounce) to buy five gallon bucket, but then I need to store it, and open the top several times over the two or three years I will have it--so like open/close say six times. Single gallon cans store easier too.

Not sure if I would find the plastic top a problem over the years or not.

I imagine it would be the same style bucket that motor oil comes in, so there's actually an extendable spout with a threaded cap to help pouring or pumping out. Once you open that, you have to store the bucket up right and it might pop open it fell off a work bench, but its sealed well enough for a few years IMO.

I cannot tell in the photo if it has a spout,but it has to be stirred before pouring anyhow. So, each time I open it, would have to remove the top.

$49/gallon or $177 for five. So save nearly $70. But a bit of hassle for 2-3 years. Storage is a bit of a pain, so if someone were to say the lid is really only good for 2-3 uses before it falls apart, or whatever, then not worth the savings.

My opinion. I like the stuff but it is way overpriced!!!! In Canada I paid $79.00 at Napa or $99 at Car Quest for a 5 gallon pail of no drip rustproof oil.. It does the same job at less than half the price. I buy the Fluid Film aerosol cans only when on sale. The aerosol cans regular price is like GOLD!!!
But lots of people paying the price.
If you insist on buying get the 5 gallon pails. Stuff keeps going up and up in price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back