wiring 1/2" conduit question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going 1/2" metal conduit through the barn (horses) then PVC underground to the greenhouse. I assume they make a 1/2" PVC to metal connector?? Going to big town tomorrow. Local hardware didn't have anything but only carries very basics.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Was going 1/2" metal conduit through the barn (horses) then PVC underground to the greenhouse. I assume they make a 1/2" PVC to metal connector?? Going to big town tomorrow. Local hardware didn't have anything but only carries very basics.
z Do a Google search. I suspect Amazon has them.

You need a female adapter. PVC conduit glues into one end, and the metal conduit screws into the other end of the adapter.

I suspect Home Depot, Lowes, etc should have them in stock.

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
You need a female adapter. PVC conduit glues into one end, and the metal conduit screws into the other end of the adapter.

I suspect Home Depot, Lowes, etc should have them in stock.

Thanks! wanted to make sure. I was going all PVC (costs) but part of it runs through the barn where horses chew or rub. They can't/won't chew on metal but will grab anything plastic or PVC just because its there.

I would just use a male/female pvc adapter slip the metal conduit in it and smear it with Gorilla Glue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Blaze
I assume they make a 1/2" PVC to metal connector??

Probably, but if you can't readily find one, a regular pull box should be cheap enough. I.E. - metal conduit into the box, PVC conduit out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back