End link install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a whiteline rsb for the imp and the install instructions are awful. I can't for the life of me from any video I found on YouTube, or the included instructions, figure out how to connect the end link to the vehicle. Little help?

Is the old one still on and stuck on?

Generally the old ones have to be cut off, due to rust.

Also generally there's a central "shank" with threading that jams somehow then you run the nut down. If this starts spinning you get to grab the thread with vise grips and finish with an open wrench. You may also have a hex on the shank you can grab.

My car had no sway bar, and therefore obviously no endlinks or anything, from the factory.

What I'm having trouble with is the install instructions show some really weird way to mix spacers and washers on the end of the end link that goes on the car itself. The beam it supposedly connects to is shaped like |_| and you're supposed to somehow stuff a bunch of spacers in between the two vertical parts, and poke a bolt through them from one side to the other. It's confusing the [censored] out of me, the spacers absolutely would not fit like that, and it seems oddly complicated.

Can you get pictures of the install?

My 2011 Focus didn't come with a rear swaybar. There were holes in the control arms to mount the end links, but there were no mounting provisions for the swaybar brackets (requires a new rear subframe). I had a friend weld the brakcets onto the existing subframe. Cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back