Oil at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Bitogers

This is a warning about getting oil at Walmart,I got 2 5 Quart Jugs of Quaker State Ultimate for 21.00 and both of them had used oil in them.

Does Walmart sell QSUD for $10.50 a jug?

Your statement is way off....2, 5 Quart Jugs for $21.00?

I've never seen this special rollback pricing at any of my local stores.

Did you buy this oil from someone in the parking lot for a quick score?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Check the cap on the bottle before buying.

Yeah, I guess it's possible someone bought oil, did the change, took care refilling the jug, then brought it back claiming they bought the wrong kind, and was allowed to swap.

Then an associate put it back on the shelf where our friend here bought it without checking the cap.

Originally Posted By: Justin251

Yeah, I guess it's possible someone bought oil, did the change, took care refilling the jug, then brought it back claiming they bought the wrong kind, and was allowed to swap.

Then an associate put it back on the shelf where our friend here bought it without checking the cap.

It's prolly that dude that's all mad at WM because he couldn't get his $1.79/quart QSUD.

What a great way to get half price oil!

It's unfortunately pretty common at every Walmart I've checked. Same thing with oil filters, people putting Fram Ultras in extra guard boxes then you go to buy the Ultra and it's an extra guard. Saw the same thing at kmart all Purolator synthetics were switched with classics.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3711009/Another_fun_Purolator_thread_w

rmmhol.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Originally Posted By: Justin251

It's prolly that dude that's all mad at WM because he couldn't get his $1.79/quart QSUD.

What a great way to get half price oil!

I remember hearing Rodney Carrington talk fondly of walmart.

RC: Walmart will take anything back won't they? These diapers already had XXXX in them!
Clerk: We're real sorry about that! Just run on back and get you another package.
RC: We ain't bought diapers in three years.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It's unfortunately pretty common at every Walmart I've checked. Same thing with oil filters, people putting Fram Ultras in extra guard boxes then you go to buy the Ultra and it's an extra guard. Saw the same thing at kmart all Purolator synthetics were switched with classics.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3711009/Another_fun_Purolator_thread_w

I always check the box. I've seen too many loose filters laying about at walmart. I've never see a switched filter in a box but I know the first time I don't I'll get hosed.

Thanks for the heads up. I buy lots of oil at WalMart and had not thought someone would either a) try or b) get away with such a low-life scam.

Yeah I remember this stuff you ran across... Triffling. Fools looking to literally steal a deal.

I got screwed on the oil filter thing. Grabbed an Ultra, never checked the box and later found it to be an Extra-Guard. Had to return it. Now I check the boxes. Never thought about oil though.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It certainly speaks volumes about the typical WalMart shopper.
Or perhaps the atypical as there are far less who do this than the average shopper, I suspect.

I don't think it's unique to WalMart shoppers.

My Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Nordstrom and he said they factor in a 20% return rate in their business model for honest and dishonest returns.

I'm sure plenty of men do dishonest things too, but I can't tell you how many women I've worked with that will go "buy" a high-line dress, evening gown, etc., and wear it for a special evening out (holiday parties, Senior prom, etc., etc.), leave the sales tags on (although carefully hidden with a sash, etc.), and then return the dress the next day.

I guess you need to smell your clothes before you buy them?

smile.gif

Ed

wasn`t there something screwy going on a year or two ago with loose caps on the oil jugs?
in my recent purchase of Synpower, there were several jugs of QS and synpower that have been opened.
I also saw the oil filter switch out. Seems the newer boxes were wrapped in cellophane to prevent theft.

Valvoline white bottle 5 quart jugs are now coming with a white plastic seal just like the foil seals that Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge have. I really like the Valvoline ones,they come off easily in one piece and don't tear.

The jugs that don't have seals,best way to test them that I know of it to give the screw on lids a very gentle "beginning of a twist" to see if the plastic seal ring is still intact.

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

I don't think it's unique to WalMart shoppers.

My Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Nordstrom and he said they factor in a 20% return rate in their business model for honest and dishonest returns.

I'm sure plenty of men do dishonest things too, but I can't tell you how many women I've worked with that will go "buy" a high-line dress, evening gown, etc., and wear it for a special evening out (holiday parties, Senior prom, etc., etc.), leave the sales tags on (although carefully hidden with a sash, etc.), and then return the dress the next day.

I guess you need to smell your clothes before you buy them?

smile.gif

Ed

^^This. Back when I worked retail,high end clothing stores were WAY worse when it came to sleazy customers and theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back