Finally Found Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been BITG vistor for long time but never made an account till recently. Yesterday I was at Apache Junction, AZ to drive the Apache Trail, while there I dropped by the local Walmart and long and be hold I spotted the Unicorn (Pennzoil Ultra). I purchased (3) 5 quart jug since it will be awhile before I spotted it again since I currently lived in San Diego, CA. Why is this oil so hard to find?!?!

Merkava_4 Unfortunately no, only 5w-20. The Walmart in southern CA and Yuma I never see it on the selves. panthermike, it is the Walmart that is located on W Apache Trl. Oilmutt, it cost $27.97 and the only weight was available is 5w-20, I was trying to located 5w-30 lucky I can used either one in my vehicle.

Go to Walmart dot com,
search for Pennzoil Ultra
and the weight you want,
Click on the correct item in search results,
then find in store.

Got 5W-30, 10W-30, and 5W-20 at a store about 15 minutes away from me...

That online trick is NOT always accurate. I looked on it and it said Walmart in Newport News had Pennzoil Ultra in their store. Not there. Then it said it was in one near Mechanicsville. Then in another part if the search function it said it was not there. I went to Mechanicsville and great day in the mourning they had it. Not only that but they had it in 5w-20,30 and 10w-30 too. This Walmart had the best oil section in any one I've been in. Many types of other products I haven't seen in not just Walmart but other places has well. Where I am at no one probably does anything to their own cars. They have very nice cars and pay someone else to do it. I guess that explains why my local wally world is the worst with selection.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
I've never seen it at WM either.

However, amazon is now selling the PZ Ultra for about $30/5-qt jug.

http://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550038330...tra+5+quart+jug

mad.gif
mad.gif

You americans alwasy get the good deals

Originally Posted By: bbhero
That online trick is NOT always accurate. I looked on it and it said Walmart in Newport News had Pennzoil Ultra in their store. Not there. Then it said it was in one near Mechanicsville. Then in another part if the search function it said it was not there. I went to Mechanicsville and great day in the mourning they had it. Not only that but they had it in 5w-20,30 and 10w-30 too. This Walmart had the best oil section in any one I've been in. Many types of other products I haven't seen in not just Walmart but other places has well. Where I am at no one probably does anything to their own cars. They have very nice cars and pay someone else to do it. I guess that explains why my local wally world is the worst with selection.

Yeah, my page said online only. I clicked on it and it said "shipping not available".

That sucks. I was just about to order some lol. Ours doesn't stock PU. My local AZ only carries the SRT 0w40.

Yeah that is triffling. Bunch of non sense indeed. But I did learn where to go if I wanted a great selection of oil products. Just a fourty minute drive away if I want to go there. Which I like driving so its not a big deal if I want to do it
smile.gif

well, I want the PU for my accent. It has a low NOACK which I've read is better for DI engines.

It's not a huge deal. I guess it would give me a warm fuzzy. I have some PP for the next change which is soon.

Originally Posted By: Stewie

NAPA Canada has Pennzoil Platinum right now for under $30 a jug, should that strike your fancy. While you're there, ask them if they sell PU and ask them the regular price. I dare you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah that is triffling.

I never heard of the word triffling. I always thought of it as switching barcodes.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Stewie

NAPA Canada has Pennzoil Platinum right now for under $30 a jug, should that strike your fancy. While you're there, ask them if they sell PU and ask them the regular price. I dare you.
wink.gif

Not 0w20 grade tho

Well, if you want 0w-20 and don't want it from a dealer, your choices are a little more limited, I guess.
wink.gif
Shell doesn't have enough different brands of 5w-20 and 5w-30 on the shelf, apparently to even allow a couple 0w-20 examples. You think they'd try, though, with Canadian Tire turfing all the 10w-30 synthetics.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back