ISO 4548-12 Test Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I thought this was interesting, as some company has to make these certified test machines. Here's one, in India of all the places. If anyone is interested in taking a 2nd mortgage out on their house and buying a certified ISO 4548-12 test bench to do oil filter efficiency testing in their garage, then this is for you. I have no idea what the cost is, couldn't find it on the website ... but I'm sure is a ton of cash. Would probably have to email the place to find out what it really costs.

Here's the website of the company that builds and sells them. They also have other test benches for other ISO 4548 tests.

http://fecproduct.com/website/products/filter-filtration-media/

http://fecproduct.com/website/products/filter-filtration-media/filter-iso-4548-12-oil-test-rig/

Dig the tunes to test filters by ... LoL.

It's not the cost of the machine, it's the shipping that'll kill you.
grin2.gif

^^^ LoL, true. I wonder if any US companies make these things? I'm wondering where the big filter makers buy all their test equipment from.

^^^ I just did. Will see if they give a price in US dollars.

What about your secret lab? You claim to be in direct contact with them. They share their test results with you. How hard would it be for you to call them and ask what equipment they use and what it cost? You did say they have all the correct equipment so you should already have most of the answers.

While you have them on the phone, ask if we can send filters for testing. We can set up a PayPal account and pitch in to do our own BITOG filter testing. This shouldn't be a problem since you are so connected.

I can have batman test a filter for free but without a copy of the report which I'm not allowed one you wouldn't believe it anyway so I won't even bother.

No word back yet on a price quote. If I get an answer I will post it up.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I can have batman test a filter for free but without a copy of the report which I'm not allowed one you wouldn't believe it anyway so I won't even bother.

I recall seeing a print-out someplace on the web from an ISO 4548-12 test bench. Getting Batman to test for free is a deal, since most independent labs will want to charge about $5K for that test.

The company finally got back to me, and their cost quote was ~$225,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back