Blew a tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
EEkkkk. We were visiting my dad grave site and looking for his flag they fly for service men who are interned there. A SUV was hogging the narrow road as I moved over I hit a sewer grate, hole. BANG, the right front tire was toast.
mad.gif

So I change changed the tire with the help of a some Boy Scouts who saw it.
thumbsup2.gif

Were on the way to buy my new lawn mower. Well, the money I had saved is now in the form of 4 new BFG tires. The back tires needed replacing so I decided to do all four.
Guess a new mower was not meant to be.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
The back tires needed replacing so I decided to do all four.

They were one day away from retirement!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Was the tire made in China/Indonesia/Korea/South America/Mexico?

It was a Michelin Radial X. I doubt no tire could have taken that hit.
The BFG's I put on are the Touring T/A"s

No tire swing. I SHOULD have taken a pic of it.

You should have the alignment checked ... My 01 Taurus was CONSTANTLY getting itself out of alignment and I didn't hit any pot holes big enough to take out a tire.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Was the tire made in China/Indonesia/Korea/South America/Mexico?

It was a Michelin Radial X. I doubt no tire could have taken that hit.
The BFG's I put on are the Touring T/A"s

No tire swing. I SHOULD have taken a pic of it.

Michelin owns BFG and for some years now what the "buyer's clubs" have sold as BFG are "last year's" Michelin with cosmetic changes. I've had good luck with them.

Miller88 said:
You should have the alignment checked ... My 01 Taurus was CONSTANTLY getting itself out of alignment and I didn't hit any pot holes big enough to take out a tire. [/quote

good tip. Not had any trouble though.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
You should have the alignment checked ... My 01 Taurus was CONSTANTLY getting itself out of alignment and I didn't hit any pot holes big enough to take out a tire.

good tip. Not had any trouble though.

My 99 Taurus was all Jekyll and Hyde on alignment. The first 100K was perfect, alignments lasted forever and tires wore perfectly evenly and lasted nigh-forever. After that it was constant front end parts replacement and alignments and tires wore all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back