Shady activity from a shop and use of Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Wow.. so assuming they put a 0w20 synthetic in there.. they then turned around and completely screwed it all up by adding Lucas to it? They may as well have just dumped some generic 10w40 dino in there.

My guess is that they just billed the customer and never put that
junk in the car at all.

Reason eleventy billion and one as to why the automotive repair and service business has a sleazy, and fraudulent reputation among consumers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. One correction: I meant to write ~40,000 miles in the original post. The exact number is 38,835.

So, one of several things took place, and I'm not even sure which I like less.

Filled with bulk 10w-30, billed a woman for 0w-20 synthetic and snake oil that wasn't even used.

Filled with 0w-20, added Lucas to make it worse, claiming that it's needed for summer use.

Filled with 0w-20, didn't add Lucas, but billed her for it, hoping that she'd just pay and forget.

I'm tempted to change the oil myself when I see them in four weeks, and send a sample off to Blackstone. Who knows what's actually in there.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I'm tempted to change the oil myself when I see them in four weeks, and send a sample off to Blackstone. Who knows what's actually in there.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I bet if you politely inquire what they did and why they will be defensive, a bit aggressive, and defiant, even when you can BET they likely billed for something they never actually put in the car, which is blatant THEFT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back