2014 Dodge Durango AWD transfer case fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
The manual for my 2014 Durango says the transfer case (single speed) takes "Shell ATF" - that's it, no other specs or anything.

I'm thinking about draining and refilling the transfer case with ATF+4 or Dex VI - both very good and certainly better than "Shell ATF".

I think it's a bit strange that the diffs spec GL-5 75W-85 which is specific and expensive. The ZF 8 speed trans specs ZF-8 fluid that is also specific and expensive. However, the transfer case, as an afterthought, just requires Shell ATF - no spec or anything..?

Wayne

I'm pulling at straws here, but Shell ATF just sounds like any other generic Dex/Merc ATF. Maybe the transfer case doesn't require anything special, but I, like you, would want something better in there too.

Last edited:
I deleted my previous post just in case the transfer case info was wrong. Reposting with different wording.

From what I can tell, you have the MP2010 (another site says the Durango has the MP3010). Assuming you have the MP2010 single speed transfer case, it is the same as the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The spec for the Grand Cherokee is:

"ATF approved to MB 236.10, MB 236.12, such as Shell ATF 3403/M-115, Fuchs/Shell ATF 3353, or equivalent.
Mopar® p/n 05127382AA (1 quart)"

The MP3010 (found on the SRT) has the following spec:

"Mopar® ATF +4, type 9602. p/n 05013457AA (1 quart)"

Not sure if this post helps at all ... sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back