Advice On 2015 Anti Virus McAfee LiveSafe Or Avast

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSE and windows defender are barely better than using nothing at all. At least get a free AV like bitdefender or AVG. The bundled MS stuff is useless.

My it guy says to use either Kasperski or Webroot secure anywhere.. I am leaning toward Kasperski.. Anyone have any input?

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
My it guy says to use either Kasperski or Webroot secure anywhere.. I am leaning toward Kasperski.. Anyone have any input?

Not worth paying for AV. I use Kaspersky on 3 machines because my ISP gives me it for free (3 licenses). Either use what your ISP provides if you must have a pay level suite or just use free ones like Avira or Bitdefender which score as good as anyone else in the protection/detection categories. Avira has some annoying popups but those are easily disabled if you look around. I personally go with the simple bitdefender now days because there is no settings to fuss with. Just install it and let it do its thing. It is super light on resources, too.

Having said all that, even the best (Kaspersky IMO) isn't perfect. My parents still get themselves in trouble with the full Kaspersky IS suite due to clicking on things they shouldn't (phishing/malware emails). The user is going to be your most important factor in protecting your computers.

So if an antivirus like Avira doesn't lender financial support to these three ''unknown'' testing organizations, they red flag Avira?

Outside of not giving Avira a high recommendation for it's lack of testing, the author sure liked Avira.

That's a good enough recommendation for me. If you want one of the top two free antivirus programs, then pick either Bit Defender or Avira. All the others look up to these 2 (my opinion).

Buy Mac's and you won't need any
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Four months ago, I picked Avira over Avast because two review sites rated it better. Plus Avira keeps the computer werb-surfing fast, much like ESET NOD32 (subscription version). Avira drains the least resources of any free Antivirus out there today. .

That is why I continue using Avira. It rates as one of the top 3 and it doesn't slow your computer. Plus, you can hack the registry to get free web protection in the free version...

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-avira-searchfree-ask-com-toolbar-popup-nag-alert/

My mom used Either Kaperksy or Macafee and she got killer attack of several viruses . I down loaded AVG and Malwarebytes and cleared the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back