Wolfgang DP 3.0 Sealant & Prewax cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I did it, I just placed an order for Wolfgang DP 3.0 sealant as well as the separate WG cleaner. This is by far the most I've ever spent on a sealant/cleaner ($65 before shipping) and therefore am hoping to see some really impressive results. I've read several reviews of the products, mainly the sealant, from users that were quite pleased. One of the things that sold me on it is that its UV protective, as I live in sunny FL. I should receive the products sometime next week and plan applying them the following weekend.

Has anyone had experience with these products, specifically the sealer, that can offer any recommendations?

Last edited:
Which ride will you be using it on? Both?

Proper prep work goes a long way. Wash, then clay. Then use the cleaner. Any polish in your plans?

Application method? By hand or DA polisher?

And I've used the sealer. I like Wolfgang. And Pinnacle and Menzerna.

The sealer is worth the coin but, again, proper prep work is the key to being happy with the final result.

Dkryan, Just the Taurus. Formerly, I used New Finish and topped it off with Eagle One Nano wax after each wash so I'm hopping the "WG prep" cleaner will strip off all the layers of old wax. Then, I will clay bar the rough area,BTW where do you get your clay bars, I have been buying them from wal-mart, (mothers I think) they come with a spray. The kit is a little on the expensive side and I have plenty of spray and would just like to purchase the bars.

As for the truck it could either use some major paint correction or even a new paint job, I'll have to do a new post for suggestions on how to proceed. The paint on the truck is different from any I've seen, it seems to be some sort of soft acrylic like, its very durable but has some cracks in what looks to be a clearcoad. I say durable because its not faded at all, and the truck has been in FL all its life, which is going on 18 years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
I put on an application of the sealer a few weeks ago. There was much more work going on than just the sealer, but it was my LSP. Results are here:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...ect#Post3719185

Apply it thin. It goes on and comes off easy. I used a simple foam application, as recommended. It really is a no-drama product.

Thank you for the advise, your car really looks great. I almost forgot, wash clay then wash again (makes sense). I'll have to do a write up too.

Based on what you told us, I would not waste the Wolfgang on the truck.

For the clay bars, you can try autogeek.com.

Chemical Guys seem to have an interesting alternative to a clar bar: a claying mitt. I've never tried it so I cannot comment on it.

I am sure you will be pleased with both products. The Wolfgang sealant, once cured, looks more like a carnauba wax than a plastic looking sealant. Easy off & on providing you don't use too much product.

Both the Nanoskin and Speedy surface Prep towels are well liked. While not cheap they can be used many many times and rinsed off if dropped. "Claying" will take 1/2 the time or even less when using one of these compared to a clay bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back