What's your favorite electric guitar solo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I fired up the 1969 cut "Loan Me a Dime" on the Boz Scaggs album. As always, I was amazed by the 5-6 minute guitar solo by a 22 year old Duane Allman. It's my all time fave.

What's yours?

I can't name just one. Too many good ones in my head. Some obvious stuff.

Crossroads live - Clapton/Cream

Eruption - EVH

Mr Crowley - Randy Rhoads/Ozzy

Evil Eye live - Yngwie/Alcatrazz

Blue Sky -Duane Allman

Buck's biblical guitar solo starts at about 2:35 - and is about 4-min. long. Definitely worth checking out!

Last edited:
Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child has to be my favorite. I'm a big fan of Ozzy's music so anything from Randy Rhoades or Zakk Wylde would also be on my list.

Jimmy Page. Lots of them!

- No Quarter
- Achilles Last Stand
- Since I've Been Loving You
- Dazed and Confused
- You Shook Me
- Communication Breakdown
- Stairway to Heaven
- Black Dog
- Nobody's Fault But Mine
- Heartbreaker

Sometimes its the simple ones....

Under the bridge-rhcp
Aeroplane also rhcp

And roll the bones by rush

Originally Posted By: Turk
Jimmy Page. Lots of them!

- Since I've Been Loving You

Love it...Two solos in that one

-Tea For One
Love the solo/instrumental

Not in any order:

1) So Lonely - The Police
2) Like a Hurricane - Neil Young
3) My Sharona - The Knack... don't laugh, that solo is stunning.
4) More Than a Feeling - Boston
5) Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin... heard it a million times, subject of ridicule in guitar shops everywhere but still sensational to me
6) Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones... yeah I hear "critics" say it is simple, few notes etc. that doesn't mean it isn't fantastic.
7) Go Your Own Way (2nd solo) - Fleetwood Mac
8) While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Prince (yes that Prince) at the 2004 RRHOF, that dude is severely under-rated as a guitarist.
9) I Wanna be Sedated - The Ramones... hands down best one note solo ever! Some of the best paintings are painted with the fewest brush strokes.
10) Once Bitten Twice Shy - Mott the Hopple... RIP Mick Ronson, one of my favorites and this solo is one of my favorites... I don't mind the Great White cover version... but nothing tops Ronno's solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back