Honda Fit with new Bendix CQ Ceramic D1394

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bendix CQ Ceramic D1394

I purchased these pads off of RockAuto a while back, got an amazing price on them $36 IIRC. One of my teachers in Auto Mechanics (an older gent) always swore by Bendix for brake components and pads.

I did a 100% by the book complete front brake job with Canadian Tire Certified brand Discs (Rotors).

Drove a couple hundred kilometers on them so far, and I did a normal drive bedding procedure (just drive the car and stop like you do every day) to prevent pad glazing.

All I have to say is these pads are amazing.

When I first bought my Fit new, I always found the pads vague. I couldn't ever comfortably stop, they were missing a touch of aggression so you can just feather the brakes in traffic to slow yourself easily.

These pads, I'd say, are about 15% more aggressive than the OEM Akebono pads.

I used to really have to put pressure on the brake pedal with the OEM pads to slow down for stop signs, it was a bit fatiguing.

These Bendix pads, you get a much more responsive and predictable pad. It is a better match to the Fit than the OEMs for sure.

If any issues arise with this setup (glazing, squealing, vibration etc) I'll keep you guys posted.

And the Certified brake discs are great quality as well, I got them for 25$ each on sale Canadian Tire quite a while ago (I stock regular maintenance items knowing the intervals I'd need to do these services on the Fit).

Forgot to mention: These Bendix pads are made in China, IIRC Bendix used to be all U.S. and Canadian made. Not that it really matters I guess, would have loved made in the U.S. or Canada though, would have been nice.

Last edited:
Akebono is by far the worst pad I ever tried. had some noise issue (which tuned out to be alignment) and one guy persuaded me to try it, although I like track/race pads.
I took them down after 2000 miles.

Interesting.

What is the friction rating of the Bendix pads?

The OE pads in that application are EE rated. The last set of Akebono Proact pads I bought for a 2009 Fit were GG rated.

Akebono are the OEM pads for the fit IIRC.

The Bendix pads are visually confirmed to be GG rated F.C.

Also as stated I confirmed visually the country of origin.

The Critic, I am intrigued by these pads.

Much less tiring to drive with, that extra bit of predictable grab makes them a joy in city driving.

I'll keep you updated, I was thinking this all could be due to the break in hatching on the Certified rotors giving the bit of extra grab.

I'll be sure to post when the hatching is completely worn off, I hope they don't change at this point they are fantastic.

And just a note: even with the break in sharp hatching, the pads are giving off very little dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back