Can A Gen 1 Prius with the 1.5L Use A M1-209 Filte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was one letter from finishing that. So I guess the long and the short of it is that I'm trying to figure out if the Mobil 1 M1-209 filter that can be used on most Toyotas is slso a good fit for the Prius/Echo engine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all you do.

Go to the MOBIL website and enter your car's info and your requirements. They'll hook you up with the correct oils, filters, and lubes for your Prius.
It's Mobil.com or something like that.
Good Luck !

Do you have either of those cars?

I suspect filter to block clearance might be an issue.

nothing wrong with 103s which i use for (3) OCIs

Last edited:
The M1-209 is a direct larger replacement for the smaller M1-102 if the M1-209 physically fits. Same base, same bypass setting more filter area, holds a tiny bit more oil.

I have a Gen 2 which uses the same basic engine. I use the 4cyl Camry size filter, which is about 1/2-3/4 in longer, otherwise identical. Mobil uses the 103 for both applications, the shorter one. The 209 is too big, I see no reason to out think the factory to that extent. Toyota would tell you to use their larger filters if they were needed. I use the 209 on my Chrysler vehicle, it's much fatter. No way I would chuck that on my little 1.5 l engine, there is no reason for it. I ordered two Microgreen 101 filters which are the longer version. These should filter better than an M1 filter, according to their hype, but cost more, $15 each total. The main reason I went for the longer version as it puts the filter out a little more for easier reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back