2016 Camaro... ew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: horse123

Don't know,but surely not $75,000. You can get a nice 2000+ sq ft house here for that.

I don't think you could even get the materials for a 2000sq ft house for that much. Let alone finishing the interior and labor.

In Texas you can.

Maybe if it's rotten and inhabited mostly by rodents.

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
The $75k Camaro isn't really marketed for the people so pragmatic in their automotive decisions. Though I would say the 300zx wasn't either, when new. The Z28 is a "limited" run vehicle, and I doubt Chevy will have much trouble selling every one they make. And for the performance, $75k is a relative bargain.

Price is what killed the 300ZX,3000GT,RX7,and Supra. None was going to spend near $50,000 for these cars (mine which is the n/a version was $42,000 in 1996,I still have the original dealer window sticker. I'm the second owner).

Don't know,but surely not $75,000. You can get a nice 2000+ sq ft house here for that.

I don't think you could even get the materials for a 2000sq ft house for that much. Let alone finishing the interior and labor.

In Texas you can.

Maybe if it's rotten and inhabited mostly by rodents.

Nope,not a chance. My ex bought her house (foreclosure) in a high end subdivision in Houston for around $80,000. 2000-2500 sq ft,under a year old.

What year did she do that? And what are we calling high-end? Houston real estate is hot right now, and has been for a couple years.

What year did she do that? And what are we calling high-end? Houston real estate is hot right now, and has been for a couple years.

This was back in the early 2000's. It's easy to find a good deal on house. People who built it got in over their head and couldn't afford it. Their loss was her gain.

Oh, so 10 or more years ago? Doesn't seem too relevant.

Of course it's relevant.

Housing prices in a specific market greater than 10 years ago are relevant to a special edition automobile's price for the 2016 model year? I'd love to hear how.

Housing prices in a specific market greater than 10 years ago are relevant to a special edition automobile's price for the 2016 model year? I'd love to hear how.

A special edition automobile?? It's a General Motors Chevrolet Camaro,not a hand crafted Rolls Royce.

So it wasn't relevant, and you've now decided to address a separate point.

It's relevant. Copy and paste where I said it wasn't relevant please. And I'm not "addressing" a separate point.

I'd still love to hear you explain how it is relevant.

So easy that a small child can understand it:

I have a large sum of money,say,$75,000. I have two choices,buy an expensive car so everyone will be like,wow!! Buy a piece of real estate so "I" will be like,wow!! Car's value drops like a turd the second I open the door with the fancy shiny key fob. Real estate's value climbs the second I have the title in my possession.

Which supports my point and basically my prerogative on how I wish to invest my money,which in turn is the basis on my original post.

This is something that's relevant to me,which is all that matters because it's my $75,000.

Oh,and by the way,the house in question was values at close to $200,000. And yes,that was wayyyy back in the early 2000's! Crazy,huh!

Comprende?

If everyone followed that logic, there would be no interesting cars, ever. Just sayin'.
wink.gif

Which supports my point and basically my prerogative on how I wish to invest my money,which in turn is the basis on my original post.

I found your problem. When you make up a scenario, then apply it to yourself using your own terms, an argument can be made for just abut anything.

I don't know how this made up scenario really affects anything except trying to justify your belief that a Camaro is too expensive at $75,000.

I highly doubt that you, or anyone else for that matter, is trying to make the huge decision between spending $75,000 on shelter (a basic need) or an equally priced track toy (a massive want). That makes your argument ridiculous.

The reality is, there are people out there who have satisfied their needs, and can begin to satisfy their wants. Here's the catch: The people who satisfy their wants with $75,000 track toys don't live in $75,000 homes.

I'm sorry you can't afford such an expensive car, but your position in life doesn't dictate the options of those who can.

It's so easy a child can understand it.

I'd still love to hear you explain how it is relevant.

So easy that a small child can understand it:

I have a large sum of money,say,$75,000. I have two choices,buy an expensive car so everyone will be like,wow!! Buy a piece of real estate so "I" will be like,wow!! Car's value drops like a turd the second I open the door with the fancy shiny key fob. Real estate's value climbs the second I have the title in my possession.

Real estate values go up and down like everything else.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/determine-real-estate-value-1566.html

Like stocks, bonds and interest rates, the real estate market fluctuates, which affects property values over a period of time. Several factors help determine the value of your piece of real estate, from current market trends to comparable sales in the last 90 days in your neighborhood.

Perhaps you could consult a small child?
smile.gif

Last edited:
When it comes to the Z28, I understand that there are a couple points of view. One is that it's got good performance for a lot less money than plenty of other cars out there; that's rather obvious. However, the counterpoint is that the Z28 shouldn't have a selling price well north of that of a basic new Vette.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Then once I've added the 100+ HP, bigger brakes become necessary, then bigger wheels to clear the bigger brakes, then more expensive tires to go on the bigger wheels, then improved rear suspension to put down the extra power, then improved front suspension to balance the handling...see how it snowballs.

...not to mention the requisite; fab 9 axle (so you can use a great diff like the Wavetrac, or Platinum Trac), watts link, decoupled torque arm (or are these the rear axle mods you implied??).
And then the STUPID money Penske/Moton/Ohlins/etc. multi-adjustable, reservoir dampers which could be more than half of that 14 grand when all is said an done.
frown.gif

Then the aero and body mods to handle the square set up 335 section width donuts, carbon kevlar composite seats, built T56 Magnum and lightweight, triple disc racing clutch, and one is not too far from that $75K.
eek.gif

I'm thinking IRS conversion for the rear suspension. Get a rear suspension assembly from a wrecked Cam5 and graft it in. I'm not going to say you can't make a solid-axle suspension work well, but I will say if you start out with IRS, you're starting from a better place. IRS is the only thing about the Cam5 & 6 that really makes me envious.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Then once I've added the 100+ HP, bigger brakes become necessary, then bigger wheels to clear the bigger brakes, then more expensive tires to go on the bigger wheels, then improved rear suspension to put down the extra power, then improved front suspension to balance the handling...see how it snowballs.

...not to mention the requisite; fab 9 axle (so you can use a great diff like the Wavetrac, or Platinum Trac), watts link, decoupled torque arm (or are these the rear axle mods you implied??).
And then the STUPID money Penske/Moton/Ohlins/etc. multi-adjustable, reservoir dampers which could be more than half of that 14 grand when all is said an done.
frown.gif

Then the aero and body mods to handle the square set up 335 section width donuts, carbon kevlar composite seats, built T56 Magnum and lightweight, triple disc racing clutch, and one is not too far from that $75K.
eek.gif

I'm thinking IRS conversion for the rear suspension. Get a rear suspension assembly from a wrecked Cam5 and graft it in. I'm not going to say you can't make a solid-axle suspension work well, but I will say if you start out with IRS, you're starting from a better place. IRS is the only thing about the Cam5 & 6 that really makes me envious.

Yes, IF the installation can be engineered correctly from a geometry/instant center viewpoint (a FEW have done a C4 IRS conversion).

I believe that Quaife makes their excellent, high bias diff for the 5th gen's (and probably for the 6th gens soon) center, or one can go to the 9" center conversions for the 5th gen IRS, and then use the Wavetrac diff.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back