"Oil prices could hit a summer slump..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
US law prohibits exporting crude oil?

I know the local GULF stations get supplied by GULF tankers, but didn't know they carried the finished product.

I suspected something was up though, as my car seems to react differently to GULF diesel than to other brands... I like it actually, and since prices at the local Gulf station are amongst the lowest around, I'm doubly happy.

Regarding the slump, I hope the euro will go up aswell... we're paying about 8 dollars per gallon right now

Considering they jumped 50 cents or more basically overnight, I could see them gradually trending back down a little by the Fourth of July-but we won't see $2/gallon again, no way.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Considering they jumped 50 cents or more basically overnight, I could see them gradually trending back down a little by the Fourth of July-but we won't see $2/gallon again, no way.

IDK.
The supply fundamentals won't support current refined product price levels.
Also, what we pay for refined products depends upon available refinery capacity as much as it does upon the price of crude.
Refiners really don't care what they can sell product for, they care only about the margin they can realize.
If we do see a drop in prices over the summer, I think that it will signal well below two dollar pricing again in the late fall and early winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back