Anyone love or like a good Reuben sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks
wink.gif
. How many of you have a great Reuben sandwich recipe? And how many of you know of a wonderful place to go to have one? I haven't had a great Reuben in don't know how long. Any info, recipes and advice is greatly appreciated.

I do Like Reuben sandwiches!! I Remember when I was a young boy my grandpa,would take me to IZZY'S in downtown Cincinnati,O. Just fantastic Reuben's there!!

With out great homemade Sauerkraut you can not make a a good Reuben sandwich. I make them about 3 times a year and mostly for other people they always have a big smile and say they can never come close to them fact is they don't have my Sauerkraut.

Thanks both of you folks
wink.gif
. May be going to NYC late August with my aunt. Sorry to go off topic a bit

A good Reuben is really good.
I've never had a bad one, though.
Most major metro areas have at least a couple of real Jewish delis that offer these sandwhiches as a specialty.

Make them at home from time to time: Corned beef cold cuts from the deli or canned, canned sauerkraut, swiss, and spicy brown mustard on rye. Soften the cheese to near-melt in the microwave, then into the toaster oven until the rye is crisp and the cheese melty. I usually enjoy w/ a Warsteiner because I'm too cheap to buy better German beer. I do contribute to green house methane emissions later on, however.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Next time you are in NYC, try a kosher deli.

I tried the reuben at Katz a couple months ago. I would like to try Mile End Deli if I'm up there again.

Wife love them.
We were in Buffalo on a business trip and ate one and got food poisoning. She was up all night being sick. She still loves them though.lol.

When my daughter was attending Arizona State University(ASU) in Tempe, we used to eat at Chompie's, which I believe is now closed.
They had HUGE portions and you would need to box up the remaining Buben Sandwich to take home. It would definitely feed 4 people as would most of their dishes. Of course, I could eat the whole thing myself!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back