Braking issues 2001 Grand Am GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Ah yes! I missed that this Grand Am is the GT version/trim level, with the standard 4 wheel disks! Which is different than the other Grand Am versions with rear drum brakes...which BTW, is different than the same generation of the Olds Alero, that came with 4 wheel disk on all versions/trim levels(for those interested/curious in these vehicles history!).

But, the same goes for the 4 calipers as Trav has mentioned. Check them out for leakage!

My 1999 Alero has 4 wheel disk brakes. Some Aleros do have rear drums, I'm just not sure which ones (probably 4 cylinder versions, or something).

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Ah yes! I missed that this Grand Am is the GT version/trim level, with the standard 4 wheel disks! Which is different than the other Grand Am versions with rear drum brakes...which BTW, is different than the same generation of the Olds Alero, that came with 4 wheel disk on all versions/trim levels(for those interested/curious in these vehicles history!).

But, the same goes for the 4 calipers as Trav has mentioned. Check them out for leakage!

My 1999 Alero has 4 wheel disk brakes. Some Aleros do have rear drums, I'm just not sure which ones (probably 4 cylinder versions, or something).

The Alero's/Grand Am's with the 3400 V6 have 4 wheel disc brakes!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back