2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.auto.com/cars/Nissan-Sentra-SE-R-Spec-V-2012-3N1CB6AP9CL677502#info

Any thoughts or opinions on this car? I was originally looking at a 5-7k car but this is coming in way under KBB and I really like it.

It has the 200 HP 2.5 liter engine with 6 speed manual gear box.

1635816901.jpg

Originally Posted By: BrewCityR
Warning: That's a 6 speed automatic

It's a 6 speed manual you can clearly see it in the pictures if you go to the dealer site . I did some research and it's the only gear box offered on the spec-v. The regular Nissan Sentra SE-R has a Cvt only, there wasn't even an automatic available.

Maybe the mis labelling of the transmission type is why it's not sold.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

It's a 6 speed manual you can clearly see it in the pictures if you go to the dealer site . I did some research and it's the only gear box offered on the spec-v. The regular Nissan Sentra SE-R has a Cvt only, there wasn't even an automatic available.

Maybe the mis labelling of the transmission type is why it's not sold.

Every one I've ever seen have been manual transmission.

The dash says 39k miles and the listing says 56k. And you can't see the very front of the car in any of the photos. I wouldn't get too excited and would expect a car that the dealer may have abused a bit or taken back in trade and is recycling old photos.

Well I really like the color of this car.. 200 ponys would haul it around really well. My car weighs 3200 pounds with 258 lb of torque and 270 HP and my car is really quite zippy. I can imagine this car weighs less by a good bit so the weight to HP ratio is likely very good. Manual.. That's nice indeed. I hope the mileage is actually correct and not an issue. Plus I have 0 doubt you are gonna take great care of it if you get it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
The dash says 39k miles and the listing says 56k. And you can't see the very front of the car in any of the photos. I wouldn't get too excited and would expect a car that the dealer may have abused a bit or taken back in trade and is recycling old photos.

Yes I noticed that too but if you look closely it's trip meter that's at 39k

That's a cool deal. My Altima had just 39,900 miles when I got it in Nov 2012. It is an 08. So hardly any miles were on it. So yeah, this car with 39k is really cool indeed
smile.gif

These are very underrated and solid sport compacts. Nissan mastered the 2.5 engine in this car. It has higher compression, better internals, and revs higher than any previous rendition of the QR25. They are very reliable and spacious, too. I almost bought one a while back. Handling isn't bad either, as it was tuned on the Nurburgring.

Watch this video:

Originally Posted By: wemay
Very nice Torquey engine. The only dislike are the red seat belts.

I actually think the red seatbelts are awesome.

Doesn't exist in this car.

Last edited:
Proceed with caution.

Those pics could be quite fake in terms of condition.

Notice the wrong dash including mileage but also color of guages and automatic transmission selector shown.

10k price indicates low desire model(great!) or something is amiss with the car shown.

The QR engine is not a very robust engine IMHO It replaced the SR20DE. in 2002.

The engine is misdesigned in my opinion. The rod/stroke ratio is very low which initially caused problems with ring seating (high rod angle) It took a while to get the ring material right. Piston speeds are high and rod reversal time caused the rings not to seat. They were huge oil burners and failures were rampant.

I was on the Sentra board forever and the higher performance engines were first the SR20 and then the QR. You couldn't destroy the SR20 but the QR Spec-V failed miserably. In adition the HG's failed bc it is not an all aluminum engine.

Tread carefully. I wouldn't buy it.

Believe me..its not even on the same planet as the Honda K24A engine.

Originally Posted By: Al
The QR engine is not a very robust engine IMHO It replaced the SR20DE. in 2002.

The engine is misdesigned in my opinion. The rod/stroke ratio is very low which initially caused problems with ring seating (high rod angle) It took a while to get the ring material right. Piston speeds are high and rod reversal time caused the rings not to seat. They were huge oil burners and failures were rampant.

I was on the Sentra board forever and the higher performance engines were first the SR20 and then the QR. You couldn't destroy the SR20 but the QR Spec-V failed miserably. In adition the HG's failed bc it is not an all aluminum engine.

Tread carefully. I wouldn't buy it.

Believe me..its not even on the same planet as the Honda K24A engine.

1st gen QR is hardly comparable to 2nd Gen. Do some research before you comment.

2nd Gen QR's have no issues like that. They make 200+whp and 200+ torque with simple mods (I/H/E) and a uprev tune. Add boost @ 8psi, and you got 300+whp and equal torque.

The QR in the B16 Spec V is COMPARABLE to your mighty K24, it's just underappreciated and underutilized--thanks to all the people who prefer to have a cookie-cutter hatch with a k series engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back