ICANN Accreditation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My domain name registrar has informed that due to their recently renewed ICANN Accreditation and due to new rules, every domain user will have to soon verify some personal data, or after 60 days the domain will expire. I am uncertain if this verification is required only when registering new, when transferring a domain, after making any changes to the account, or also when renewing. I have searched online, but have found no concrete info. Does anybody know?

I got an email with respect to that for one of my company's web sites. The email verification is supposed to happen at certain times within the domain's life cycle.

Here is the blog post from easyDNS that shows what events will trigger the verification requirement.

That's an extremely, extremely ironic and subtle post, eljefino.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I got an email with respect to that for one of my company's web sites. The email verification is supposed to happen at certain times within the domain's life cycle.

Here is the blog post from easyDNS that shows what events will trigger the verification requirement.

Thanks for the link. I still don't know if it affects also those who merely renew their domain. Renewal is listed, but crossed out.

I'm guessing that renewal was once one of the things that would trigger it, then something was altered. Perhaps it would be a nuisance because of differing domain renewal periods for different customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back