Brady suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Would you turn over your phone to a complete stranger?
Thought so.

I would. I would let my lawyer control the phone and they can look at anything they want. I'd do that if I was innocent.

With all the leaks from the start of this drama and being a celebrity like Brady and his wife,I can see why he would decline.
I'm sure the phones of the equipment guys would have whatever they were fishing for.
If not,then it will come out in a real courtroom when Brady sues the NFL.
So far all you have seen is one side of this story.

The courtroom is where it will get interesting. Tom will have to give up his phone. The suspended/scorned equipment managers will testify and clear up the "deflator" name. The Patriots will have to answer why they suspended two employees even thou they maintain their innocence. Tom will have to explain telling the media he likes a soft football, but didn't direct the team personnel to make the balls softer. I doubt He'll sue for those reasons, but I hope I'm wrong.

Originally Posted By: whip
With all the leaks from the start of this drama and being a celebrity like Brady and his wife,I can see why he would decline.
I'm sure the phones of the equipment guys would have whatever they were fishing for.

The courtroom is where it will get interesting. Tom will have to give up his phone. The suspended/scorned equipment managers will testify and clear up the "deflator" name. The Patriots will have to answer why they suspended two employees even thou they maintain their innocence. Tom will have to explain telling the media he likes a soft football, but didn't direct the team personnel to make the balls softer. I doubt He'll sue for those reasons, but I hope I'm wrong.

Brady would be foolish to sue in an actual court of law. As you mentioned, he would have a lot of explaining to do and have to give up his messages. Dozens of professional NFL commentators and former QBs, including Brady's boyhood idol Joe Montana, have said publically it is highly unlikely that Brady wouldn't have known what was going on. Those people would be subpoenaed by the defense (NFL).

And to those talking about turning the "phone" over, Brady wouldn't have had to have done that. The investigators wanted the applicable messages from his phone, but would have allowed Brady's lawyer to get them from Brady and then give them to the investigators. Maybe some here think Brady's lawyer is a "complete stranger" to him.

Would you turn over your phone to a complete stranger?
Thought so.

No, but if I was being investigated and I knew what was on my phone, or what was not on it would clear me, I would turn it over to the investigators...the fact that Brady wouldn't do this raises suspicions...

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

When they asked for Brady's phone they actually offered to let him keep control of it and just turn over/show what they wanted. His phone was never actually going to leave his personal control. They were going to ask him to show them what they wanted to see and that was all. Nothing personal just related to the investigation. Brady still refused. CLEARLY the guy cheated, knew about what was going on, and had something to hide. Anyone who thinks otherwise lives in a different reality. Brady will never sue the NFL because if he does he will not be able to refuse to cooperate and everything becomes fair game at that point. He will never take it that far because he does have something to hide.

This is why I've been saying that if you think Brady is innocent, then you're either a Pats fan, or your blind. There are just too many circumstantial things that point to his guilt...

Now he can't go to work, so he has to stay in one of several of his palaces and travel the world with his super model wife in his private jet....I guess he'll know better than try to pull a stunt like that in the future....!

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Now he can't go to work, so he has to stay in one of several of his palaces and travel the world with his super model wife in his private jet....I guess he'll know better than try to pull a stunt like that in the future....!

What's wrong with this picture? Athletes like Brady get filthy rich for playing a game, while our real heroes, our military members, come home with missing limbs, or don't come home at all, for a little bit of nothing in pay...

Originally Posted By: grampi

When they asked for Brady's phone they actually offered to let him keep control of it and just turn over/show what they wanted. His phone was never actually going to leave his personal control. They were going to ask him to show them what they wanted to see and that was all. Nothing personal just related to the investigation. Brady still refused. CLEARLY the guy cheated, knew about what was going on, and had something to hide. Anyone who thinks otherwise lives in a different reality. Brady will never sue the NFL because if he does he will not be able to refuse to cooperate and everything becomes fair game at that point. He will never take it that far because he does have something to hide.

This is why I've been saying that if you think Brady is innocent, then you're either a Pats fan, or your blind. There are just too many circumstantial things that point to his guilt...

You act like TB is being tried in a court of law. He's not. This is a ruling of the Commissioner. In this case, the Commissioner can rule without real evidence that would not stand up in a court of law.

OK, one more time: this WILL end up in a court of law! Unless the suspension is overturned on appeal, the chance it will end up in court is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!

Being that proving defamation is solely on the plaintiff, it would be interesting to see how that intersects with the "opinions" of the NFL's findings...Brady would likely have to answer some very specific questions that might not help prove his case. If the NFL's findings met the "credible evidence" legal standard ( apparently they did ) then that's further than someone's "opinion" in legal terms. Putting some "meat to the bone" may not favor Brady or the Patriots.

My prediction is that Kraft's submission on this issue is really a quid pro quo where Brady's suspension will be dropped to two games or something similar and it'll generally be over. At this point, it seems the fans who still give a **** probably don't mean as much as the adults and monied interests who have the control over finalizing it.

Kraft would not have bailed if he thought he would have won!! He, like Belicheat did in the presser a few months ago threw Shady under the bus.

Like with spygate the patriots would not have been doing it if it didn't help. Deflated balls not only helped Shady but the recievers, centers and anyone else that handled the ball. Preventing turnovers or making a tough catch otherwise not made is huge when a game or two means home field and a bye or 1st rd road game.

They got off easy IMO considering it was there second organized effort to cheat in less than a decade.
I as many fans of the game will always think they have found a new way to cheat when ever they win from here on out. Sad and bad for the game.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
OK, one more time: this WILL end up in a court of law! Unless the suspension is overturned on appeal, the chance it will end up in court is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!

What is he going to claim? You tell me. He is too smart to go to court.

OK, one more time: This WILL NOT end up in a court of law! In a court of law, there is nothing Tom can hide behind. He has to give up his phone. He'll have 2 suspended employees of the team testify against him. There's too much to lose. Tom might want to sue, but his lawyers won't let him.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: grampi

You act like TB is being tried in a court of law. He's not. This is a ruling of the Commissioner. In this case, the Commissioner can rule without real evidence that would not stand up in a court of law.

My point was just the opposite...in a court of law, circumstantial evidence isn't enough to convict anyone, but it is in the NFL...good thing too or this cheatin ahole would've gotten away with it....

What about baseball pitchers like Gaylord Perry and Phil Neikro and many others who doctored the ball with so called "spitballs"? It seems that your opinion of TB goes wayyy beyond the norm.

Originally Posted By: gman2304

He can go to work. He is not suspended from OTAs, the team facility, training camp, or even preseason games. He is just suspended from being on the field for the first four games of the 2015 regular season.

Originally Posted By: Al

What is he going to claim? You tell me. He is too smart to go to court.

The same thing that the other players who have sued the NFL over suspensions--AND WON!

He is not going to court.

Please cite what lawsuits the NFL has "lost" recently other than a couple double jeopardy lawsuits by domestic abusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back