That's one way to end a party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
The settlement they will get from the offending airline should make for a nice sweet 16 gift.
And how does one prove which one of the five aircraft did the dirty deed?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The settlement they will get from the offending airline should make for a nice sweet 16 gift.

The article ends with the statement that the FAA is investigating so there must be some way to find out. With all of the onboard monitoring I'm sure there is proof on an aircraft computer.

ok, since it's a regular family, yeah, the planes owner should pay up.

I was expecting it to be one of those over the top "My Super Sweet Sixteen" type parties. where the kid gets a new mercedes, and the parents spend a couple hundred grand on the party.

THAT i would have laughed at.
haha.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
ok, since it's a regular family, yeah, the planes owner should pay up.

I was expecting it to be one of those over the top "My Super Sweet Sixteen" type parties. where the kid gets a new mercedes, and the parents spend a couple hundred grand on the party...

There's no kids getting Mercedes in Levittown. It's a working class sort of place. I feel bad for the girl, I hope she can laugh about it later, but it will be much, much later before she gets over that. Yuck, young lady, I'm sorry your party was spoiled.

The plane was probably on final for the Philadelphia airport (PHL).

Last edited:

When the poop truck pulls up to service the plane and the pilot says, uh, noone went, they all totally obeyed the seat belt sign.
whistle.gif

I think I will wait for the facts to come in before joining the popular media provoked chicken little hysteria...."the sky is falling!".

The key words in all the media headlines are highlighted: "Airplane Dumps Human Feces on Girl’s Sweet 16 Party, Family Says" or "Family claims".

If indeed this happened, then the sealed tanks failed and there will be evidence on the plane exterior.

http://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsid=6659

Myth #1: Aircraft toilets dump overboard when flushed.

Fact: Lavatory waste is contained in a holding tank until the aircraft lands. Manufacturers take great care to ensure this holding tank is secure. The apparatus to access the tank is located on the exterior of the plane, which leads us to…

Myth #2: Pilots can dump the tank while in flight.

Fact: It's physically impossible for a pilot to dump a tank while in flight. That exterior lever means only the ground crew can operate the valve that opens the tank while the plane is on the ground.

Unless there was a vintage plane flying overhead.......maybe one of our BITOG professional pilots will chime in.

In the mean time, don't go outdoors or to movie theaters.

The article ends with the statement that the FAA is investigating so there must be some way to find out. With all of the onboard monitoring I'm sure there is proof on an aircraft computer.

Nope...

Anything big/sophisticated/expensive enough to have an on board computer (biz jet, airliner) will have a closed waste system. One that stores waste in a tank. Those airplanes don't dump anything like that overboard.

So, if this story is true, and not a hoax, then we are talking about some little plane, and a person that couldn't hold it, and who dumped the result out a window at low speed and low altitude.

And that little plane likely wouldn't show up on the smartphone app...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back