Filter For 07 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
First change on moms pt cruiser, I dunno if I should go mopar or purolator.

Mopar is 2x cost, has bigger inlet holes, and a weird looking valve thing inside the exit hole that puro and fram dont have.

Oil will be 5W30 PYB.

It's a PT Cruiser. I'd go with whichever one you want. Mopar will give you peace of mind but if cost is your deciding factor, use whatever you feel is best.

Not sure about the PT Cruiser but the Mopar filter for my RAM 5.2L looks robust; $4.50 Canadian at the dealer. So I don't think you could go wrong with the Mopar.

If your using a Fram 3614 or equivalent,
a Fram 3600 is an inch and a half longer
(3.5 inches vs nearly 5)...

Is their room under the hood for the longer filter?

Mopar is FL-400...
Purolator is 20195

Last edited:
Use the filter for the PT Cruiser GT Turbo- its the same base, same bypass pressure, same valving, everything-- just a little longer and has more media. It fits the space just fine, the turbo engine is identical in that area. (former PT owner speaking...)

The Purolator number is PL20195 (P1), don't know the cross reference right off.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Not sure about the PT Cruiser but the Mopar filter for my RAM 5.2L looks robust; $4.50 Canadian at the dealer. So I don't think you could go wrong with the Mopar.

They are robust looking because the Canadian Mopar filters are WIX made.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
If your using a Fram 3614 or equivalent,
a Fram 3600 is an inch and a half longer
(3.5 inches vs nearly 5)...

Is their room under the hood for the longer filter?

Mopar is FL-400...
Purolator is 20195

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Use the filter for the PT Cruiser GT Turbo- its the same base, same bypass pressure, same valving, everything-- just a little longer and has more media. It fits the space just fine, the turbo engine is identical in that area. (former PT owner speaking...)

The Purolator number is PL20195 (P1), don't know the cross reference right off.

PL20195 is the 3600 equivalent.

and yes, the canadian filters are Wix, US should be Purolator, but i swear the MO-409 I bought for my Neon, from a Wallyworld in OH, looked mighty awefully dang Close to the Wix 51348 i had on hand here at home... didn't cut em open, but externally, DANG close. only difference being the adbv, one silicon(WIX), one black Nitrile(Mopar)

any way, here's a handy 3600/3614 cross reference i made up.
(My old Car, and Dad's Mower, and His new car, use the 3614's, my Current car takes the 3600 size)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xZhNFCp6tXMGE1WjFuWXVjclk/view?usp=sharing

Originally Posted By: DarthDuty
First change on moms pt cruiser, I dunno if I should go mopar or purolator.

Mopar is 2x cost, has bigger inlet holes, and a weird looking valve thing inside the exit hole that puro and fram dont have.

Oil will be 5W30 PYB.

Have a 05 Limited Turbo Cruiser, I use puros on it usually. I cut this one open.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3731660/Pureone_20195,_no_tears!#Post3731660

Had bad luck with a mopar, here's one I cut open.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3731648/Mopar_Filter_junk.#Post3731648

I used a Motorcraft 910 on a friend's PT Cruiser recently. If you were working with a turbo version, you would need a Motorcraft 400.

Motorcrafts are a great choice for Chrysler products, better than Mopar and cost less in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back