any decent atf additives for slight leaksa

Status
Not open for further replies.
My moms 09 focus is seeping around the case itself where the transmission and torque converter mate up. Its not dripping or anything but you can see the build up from it slowly seeping. Im changing the fluid and filter on it . Is there any decent additive that may help with this?

Trace the leak out before putting any OTC in it and make sure it's not the dipstick seal that's leaking.

I doubt anything will fix a gasket leak. Seals and gaskets are usually made of different materials.

irs
Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Use high mileage ATF

Check and top off as needed

Lubegard Red

This or fix the leak. Forget any other additives.

Fixing the leak is major surgery. Its not even a real leak no drops fluid level has never dropped much nor has it ever needed any added just has that cruddy build up.

If you want to fix it then fix it right. It sounds like you're not willing to do what it takes to fix it correctly, so you'd be better off just leaving it alone. Since it's not actually dripping then there's no reason to start dumping garbage into the transmission.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
If you want to fix it then fix it right. It sounds like you're not willing to do what it takes to fix it correctly, so you'd be better off just leaving it alone. Since it's not actually dripping then there's no reason to start dumping garbage into the transmission.

Sounds kinda of close minded to me i know there to be a couple good transmission additives just not compatible with lv.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
If it is just seeping, I would be inclined to just leave it as is. Maybe try to switch from the Mercon LV to Mercon V.

If it is seeping and doesn't get any worse it might actually seal itself up again. I'd also leave it be.
What fluid does the manual specify, if it was originally Mercon
V I would go back to that slightly thicker fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back