Redline 10w-40 motorcycle oil 2013 Victory CC Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
been using Amsoil in my Hammer after dumping the OE junk, former owner had the 500 change at the stealers, i needed 2 qts makeup oil until 2,000 miles. i then used a 50% blend of 10-40 + 20-50 Amsoil premium synthetic but since seeing-reading only the signature series oils use PAO base oils + Amsoil's total failure to answer any questions on what base oils they use i "assume" that maybe all their products use the cheaper group III oils, they do not tout PAO as they originally did. called Redline yesterday + asked about using 15-50 or 15-40 diesel with my 2013 Vic Hammer with a wet clutch + they replied no issues but recommended the 10-40 Red Vic is using, + also commented on the different additives used for diesel but not needed in gas engines. being a member with Red Vic i can attest to his helpful posts on the Vic forums. i will be switching to Redline when my Amsoil supply is depleted, not sure what flavor yet. i fully believe in the superiority of real group IV + V synthetic oils + the unseen benefits of using those superior products especially ester based oils

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spur
No one will probably argue that Redline is not a good oil. It is probably TOO GOOD.

Your oil change costs about $85 dollars and mine about $40 for basically the same results.

Redline is actually overkill unless you extend the interval to 10000 miles.

Just saying. If your ok spending the money - Great.

Oh yea, I can get my oil at WalMart and many other places while on the road. Redline probably not.

Good oil though, just not practical for me.

Easily, the Redline would go 10k or more.

i recently purchased a case of the 10-40 Redline motorcycle oil, having only a few miles on the Amsoil 20-50 premium "synthetic" i will drop it, remove 2 qts making room for some Redline i got. its said that even small amounts of ester oil can "beef up" your oil. being thrifty i will save the Amsoil for my next change at years end along with Redline again. i feel there is no such thing as too good an oil as many unseen benefits come from top quality lubricants. Red Vic's results were nothing short of AMAZING especially considering the 106 cu in non water cooled monster with a shared gearbox. i don't have the extended warranty on my preowned 13 Vic Hammer + change oil at the end of my riding season in Pa, anywhere between 5,000 + 10,000 miles as i also have a 2012 bonneville to ride.

Originally Posted By: Spur
No one will probably argue that Redline is not a good oil. It is probably TOO GOOD.

Your oil change costs about $85 dollars and mine about $40 for basically the same results.

Redline is actually overkill unless you extend the interval to 10000 miles.

Just saying. If your ok spending the money - Great.

Oh yea, I can get my oil at WalMart and many other places while on the road. Redline probably not.

Good oil though, just not practical for me.

Oh yeah, good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back