Quaker Vs Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip a coin.

What if I told you that I switched your oils in their respective containers. You won't know the difference. If you spend one more second over this then shut up and dance with Redline!

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Last time I used QS my CEL came on after about 4k. I swear.

Yeah, the last time I used Pennsoil, the engine blew up, and the hood popped up

Tried a Franken 50/50 mix and my car fell into 2 pieces

Originally Posted By: DarthDuty
Gonna go SOPUS next oci, which 5-30 is better? Whats the difference?

Hello DarthDuty, same company (Pennzoil and Quaker State), but two totally different brands and formulations! We feel that our Pennzoil Platinum Synthetics and Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetics are both top-shelf motor oils – so you really can’t go wrong using either one of them.

That being said, they are indeed two different products/formulations: Pennzoil Synthetics emphasize the cleaning up of up to 40% of the sludge in its 1st oil change, and continues to clean in the 2nd oil change. Quaker State Synthetic Motor Oil emphasizes that it has 2x better wear protection than wear standards by top American and Japanese manufactures.

You really can’t go wrong with either product! - The Pennzoil Team

Genafishbeck, if you had a choice to make between the two which one would you pick? Pennzoil platinum with pure plus or Quaker State Ultimate Durability?

Originally Posted By: deven
Genafishbeck, if you had a choice to make between the two which one would you pick? Pennzoil platinum with pure plus or Quaker State Ultimate Durability?

That would depend on your vehicle deven! What do you drive (year, make, model, mileage) and what are your typical driving habits (highway, local, etc)?

Originally Posted By: Garak
They're essentially interchangeable, at least in my view. While it is claimed they aren't the same oil (confirmed by Johnny, and I do believe him), QSGB, PYB, and Formula Shell show up in PQIA testing as indistinguishable outside of measurement error. I have no problem with any of those oils, and used a lot of QSGB over the years, and PYB fairly recently in my G37.

thumbsup2.gif
I agree that they're essentially interchangeable. I have used QSGB, PYB, and Formula Shell, and I like all three. The synthetic and synthetic blend SOPUS oils are excellent too, of course. Also, the engine runs very smoothly and quietly with these oils. A person can't go wrong in choosing any of these. I know there is no "best oil", but out of all the motor oils I have used over the years, the SOPUS oils mentioned above are definitely my preferences.

Penn is ofcourse considered sopus top oil. Both pretty solid. Qs usually has more boron and Penn more molly. Except qsud 0w20 is loaded with molly for some reason. Qs is less expensive but just as good I figure.

I like pennzoil for cleanliness Quaker State is good also but does not seem to clean as well... Saw this first hand. The 5w30 pennzoil platinum seems thinner than i would like it to be ..The Ultra is no where to be found at a reasonable price but when i tried the ultra i got a great uoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back