A little R2600 smoke and thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Saturday I went to the San Marcos (Tx) "Drive in or fly in" car and airplane show. The weather was poor so the airplanes were few apart from the CAF birds that live at the CenTex wing. "Yellow Rose" (B-25) was there as always, and was having maintenance done. I got in line for a burger at the trailer right beside where she was parked just in time to step out of line and watch a run-up from close range. Sorry the phone video "freezes" the prop rotation, but any radial action is better than none. It would be best if the phone could have captured the wonderful *smell* of avgas! Enjoy...

Yellow Rose R2600 start

A couple of weeks ago a B-17 flew right over my house, really low. I waved at the plane and the plane waved back. It was great.

I't hard to imagine what it would look like with a sky full of those planes flying overhead.

Hard to imagine what it must have been like on the ground in Grmany during one of those 1000 plane raids that were used. My dad was in England when one of those huge B-17 flights went over and he said it shook the ground.

Interesting how they can reverse the rotation of the prop
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Hard to imagine what it must have been like on the ground in Grmany during one of those 1000 plane raids that were used. My dad was in England when one of those huge B-17 flights went over and he said it shook the ground.

I read that before the huge "Arsenal of Democracy" flyover in DC last week, a study had to be done to insure that the warbirds noise wouldn't harm the monuments along the mall!

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I read that before the huge "Arsenal of Democracy" flyover in DC last week, a study had to be done to insure that the warbirds noise wouldn't harm the monuments along the mall!

Several officials assisted and guided by lobbyists expert advice tried to stop the flight because of the overwhelming and irreproachable damage it would do to the environment, the monuments and structures including the landscape and waterways.

It was stated that this kind of old fashioned display of patriotism and the imperialism of the past was completely outdated and represented the old America and was not relevant or appropriate in today's new America.

Isn't it wonderful that our government goes to such lengths to take care of us and guide us down the path to their new America (lol).

Well, for what it's worth, not everybody feels that way... It impresses me to no end! I would have thrilled to see it, no question.

John.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Several officials assisted and guided by lobbyists expert advice tried to stop the flight because of the overwhelming and irreproachable damage it would do to the environment, the monuments and structures including the landscape and waterways.

It was stated that this kind of old fashioned display of patriotism and the imperialism of the past was completely outdated and represented the old America and was not relevant or appropriate in today's new America.

Isn't it wonderful that our government goes to such lengths to take care of us and guide us down the path to their new America (lol).

Libtard nut cases...

Where did you read about this study? Only one I found was a nut case saying Obama was going use the aircraft to attack DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back