A boy,his flag,and a uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you CourierDriver. It's difficult to watch and read the entire video without stirring up some emotions.

Bless those that died in service to our country.

It's sad how much we've changed in those 70 years....The vast majority of those families who lost sons looked at it as a necessary sacrifice. Today we are a nation full of people with GRIEVANCES.......

It's nice to see that a few folks understand the sacrifice that was made by that generation. Life in this country would be very, very different if not for the lives we sacrificed in World War II.

I agree with the theme but it was highly staged and arranged by his dad. I seriously doubt the boy thought it up. It was pre-arranged that the folks showed up.

As I said I am 100% bought in to the message.

The kid was used but in a very noble way and hopefully it will rub off of him.

Last edited:
Incredible! It's nice to know that the younger generation understands the sacrifice...
34.gif

I would not critque youth about the lack of understanding of World War II.

My grandfather would discuss it at dinner table as he was vet.(flew on B-17 as weatherman as main role).

However my parents rarely discussed it with me which I believe is the case with most folks.

I know this would totally be my eleven year old son if he had the chance to be there. He would need no prompting from me. Do not underestimate the power and strength of our youth. Eleven is old enough to still believe in things greater than ourselves without the cynicism and angst that comes with the teenage years.

I thought the boy made quite a figure. I don't think a full grown man could hold on to that staff at attention for 90 minutes. It definitely tugged at my heart strings. Thank you CD for keeping it surreal. I grew up in a community in which vets and vets' wives were the grownups. I remember a classmate bringing her dad's captured German flag for show and tell in 3rd grade. Caused 'nary a ripple. Try that today and you'd make the nightly news.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I thought the boy made quite a figure. I don't think a full grown man could hold on to that staff at attention for 90 minutes. It definitely tugged at my heart strings. Thank you CD for keeping it surreal. I grew up in a community in which vets and vets' wives were the grownups. I remember a classmate bringing her dad's captured German flag for show and tell in 3rd grade. Caused 'nary a ripple. Try that today and you'd make the nightly news.
You got that right andyd.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back