crossman pellgun oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would post in the firearms section but don't wanna get laughed outta there.
finally found some pellgun oil. Put it on the pivot points and coated the barrel. They say every 250 shots.
Its red. They also say to only use that oil, but others have substituted with straight 30w.. something about not having detergents.. what is this stuff anyway? Anything similar out of curiosity?
Btw i use a new version black pumpmaster 760. Got real guns but the state frowns upon shooting them in the yard...

I always understood that in a pump gun the oil shouldn't detonate. That is all I got !!!

I used triflow a few years back on my pellet gun. Smoothed the action but I never really use it to begin with.

Sad thing is as a kid I put tens of thousands of pellets and BB's through my dad'd pump action BB gun and never lubricated it once. I just didn't know.

That bottle of pellet gun oil should last you a lifetime and work just fine.

On a 760 Crosman Pellgun Oil is safe to use anywhere.

No point in trying to find substitues on a Pump airgun.

If you are shooting a mult-pump pneumatic enough to experiment with other oils to save money you, at that point, would have hulking huge arms and can be a movie star when Arnold Schwarzenneger retires and buy all the Pellgun Oil you want.

If you shoot a springer at some point only use pure silicone chamber lube to reduce Dieseling that can harm the Piston.

Don't use Pellgun oil on a springer. Yes, it makes a loud bang for 20 shots and it isn't good for the rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back