Rotella T6 5w40 - 2006 GSX-R600 - 4100 Km

Status
Not open for further replies.
The T6 is a great oil, just not for extended runs. But that goes for ANY oil in a shared sump bike IMHO. Change early, change often. Just picked up some rotella 15w-40 for my bike as well.

1.0 % fuel messes up the susvis

iron is kinda high...must be a lot of gear shifts from the tranny shedding like crazy

too long on oil for motor this new

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Tell me why a guy should not use oil blended for motorcycle environment with a wet clutch??

Why spend more money than you have to. I use conventional rotella in my harley in the engine and primary. 30000ish miles so far. Bike runs flawlessly.

Originally Posted By: Justin251
It's Jaso ma. What more do you need?

You mean it's tested and certified for...a motorcycle with a wet clutch ???

Well no thanks, not in a bike I will own.

Right.

Because of your vast experience using rotella in all your bikes. It's your money. Spend it however you like.

See from my vast experience I can say from experience rotella is a great oil for use in a wet clutch. Only an idiot spends more than required only fonvin s themselves of some non existent benefit that they get by spending more money
Most motorcycle riders change their oil way too soon so they don't get any benefit from using a synthetic.
But it's a free country filled with people who make their own choices.

Yes, okay Rotella is a JASO MA oil with no friction modifiers, but oils like Amsoil MCF have shown very good UOA reports, with minor to no shearing and very nice TBN. This oil is definitely a long drainer, and personally I would use it over Rotella... what is a few extra dollars?

Last edited:
I would use it over Rotella... what is a few extra dollars?

please define what a "few" is?

usually amsoil is 3 times more. without 3 times the results.
someitmes without even better results.

The other option is standard conventional Valvoline Motorcycle Oil.
Many people say motorcycle oil is more expensive. Its not. Its only expensive to the people that want to buy more expensive oil to make them feel better.

I agree, if the weight oil is right for the bike 15/40 is great.
But also, if anyone wants Motorcycle Oil, with a photo of a motorcycle on the front, they can get a GREAT oil (Valvoline 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil) in 10/40 or 20/50 for $4. a quart in most Walmarts and Walmart online. OR they can really splurge and buy it for a $1 more in Advance Auto and other autoparts store or get it delivered to your house online from Amazon etc.

Its really simple folks, run a UOA on the Valvoline Conventional Motorcycle oil vs any other oil and it will meet or surpass them all with few exceptions.

Last edited:
Tell me why a guy should not use oil blended for motorcycle environment with a wet clutch??
Tell us why folks like my son who uses T6 in a Nighthawk without trouble SHOULD?

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
The other option is standard conventional Valvoline Motorcycle Oil.
Many people say motorcycle oil is more expensive. Its not. Its only expensive to the people that want to buy more expensive oil to make them feel better.

I agree, if the weight oil is right for the bike 15/40 is great.
But also, if anyone wants Motorcycle Oil, with a photo of a motorcycle on the front, they can get a GREAT oil (Valvoline 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil) in 10/40 or 20/50 for $4. a quart in most Walmarts and Walmart online. OR they can really splurge and buy it for a $1 more in Advance Auto and other autoparts store or get it delivered to your house online from Amazon etc. I trust Alarmguy on this . I think he knows more about oil than I do so I went with Valvoline MC oil 20-50 on my last change on my 2013 Road Star .While the Rotella t6 probably won`t hurt anything I prefer an oil that is MC specific. I have used dino Rotella 15-40 and I would prefer that over the T6 unless maybe you ride in cold weather
I prefer not to ride below 50 degrees.
Its really simple folks, run a UOA on the Valvoline Conventional Motorcycle oil vs any other oil and it will meet or surpass them all with few exceptions.

Well I messed up . But what I was trying to say is I agree with Alarmguy and put the 20w-50 Valvoline in my 2013 Road Star .Plus I believe Alarmguy knows more about oil than I do.

My experience is that some machines are very easy on oil and you can go 4 to 6K between changes, but some, like my previous and current Can Am Spyder share oil and SHEAR like crazy. If I want to change oil every 2000 miles I can use Rotella T, Valvoline dino or even Castrol Blend, whereas synthetics such as Amsoil and Motul will take me to 3000-3500 miles. Add a quart, or better yet, two quarts of 20-50 to either dino or synthtic and add another 1000 to the normal change.

Cost may also be relative to what you're physically capable of. At 80+ years I find that getting down and greasy is more difficult than it was a few years ago.

Still, I'm not ready yet to pay the dealer $125 to do it. So, for me, I take convenience over cost (about $50)and go with synthetic out of necessity and change at 4K.

Otherwise, I'd go with Rotella T and 2K changes for about $15.

Bottom line from an old geezer: do whatever makes YOU feel good.

I've used rotella 5w-50 for over 140k miles on wet clutch bikes.

70k+ on a zrx

12k+ on a bmw s1000rr

if it calls for 5w-40 I'll use rotella T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back