New Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many highway miles per year, wouldn't a Civic or Corolla been a better choice ?

Just kidding
smile.gif

If I was getting paid mileage, a gas sipper would be better. However, company pays all the gas, and the allowance for the vehicle, and I have at least monthly need of a truck. Keeps the vehicle inventory down
smile.gif

One week old , and she has over 1000 miles already
smile.gif
Second tank avg was 18.6, computer has been within .2 miles of hand calculation for both tanks, and both tanks were a mixed bag of driving, but that first one had a few trips to that 7k redline , just to hear the noise
laugh.gif

However, the back up lights still suck buttermilk on these trucks !! Seriously considering either LED replacements or some supplemental LED's under the bumper somewhere...
smirk.gif

First, Merry Christmas to all ! Did not want to start a new thread and repeat all the original info..I'm lazy like that
smile.gif
Among other things, one present I will get will be to do the first oil change on the new truck !!! The truck is two days short of being three weeks old and already has 2500 miles on it. Changing it out with PYB, and MC FL500, will not reset the OLM, because I want to see exactly where the mileage falls when the OLM says its ready for change. Then, I will base my type of oil (dino vs synthetic)and OCI on where the final numbers fall. Typically, I use name brand on sale stuff and run about 7500 (my 2010 F150 OLM typically went off then). Last look I had under the valve covers on it, when it had about 150k on it , was spotless. Again, Merry Christmas to all !!

My tools for my job ...garbage, occasional firewood, the same thing everyone uses a truck for..if it were fashion, I would have bought a much "nicer" trim level.

My last Ford F-150 company truck had the 4.6 in it, the 2011 I have now, I has the 3.7. Standard cab, 4x4 8' bed and I sure miss the 4.6. The 3.7 may have more HP, but no torque. Unless you drive it aggressively, it seems like a dog. Still, I just rolled over 108,000 and only had one problem with the charcoal filter. Of course, I bought my other F-150 with the 4.6, when they retired it and it has 183,000 and still running strong. we get employee pricing on our trucks, I am still not sure, If I ll buy this one or not.

Panzerman, my old 4.6 was the 2V, and this new one is definitely stronger. It has some 50 more HP (higher in the RPM band) and is only about 22 lb/ft down on torque. The six speed and 3.73 rear end make up for that and then some. I live in a mountainous area, and this truck is 4x4, yet I'm getting at least 1.5mpg better than the old truck in local driving...still not much highway driving to compare with, but sure it will be better. Glad you have had a reliable run with the 3.7, I hope for the same !

Originally Posted By: lovcom
What do you haul, that would necessitate a pick up truck? Or is this fashion?

Did I miss the part where that's any of your business?

No, I didn't think so.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

No, I didn't think so.

Members of the Eco-Gestapo believe that it is their duty to arrogantly critique the vehicle purchasing decisions of others- particularly when those choices fail to comply with the dictates of the Green Gospel.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

No, I didn't think so.

Members of the Eco-Gestapo believe that it is their duty to arrogantly critique the vehicle purchasing decisions of others- particularly when those choices fail to comply with the dictates of the Green Gospel.

This Lovcom guy is a piece of work! I love him, very entertaining.

Like AHarman said in another thread: "He must have thrown his own shoulder out patting himself on the back"!

No one has any business telling someone what they should drive. Despite his immense intelligence he never noticed how stupid he sounds...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: MCompact

No, I didn't think so.

This Lovcom guy is a piece of work! I love him, very entertaining.

Like AHarman said in another thread: "He must have thrown his own shoulder out patting himself on the back"!

No one has any business telling someone what they should drive. Despite his immense intelligence he never noticed how stupid he sounds...

hehe...I really enjoy this forum
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back