Pole: Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
Fast race lap: 1:18.479
Podium
1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
3. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Renault

For more please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

06_Monaco_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

From a BITOG perspective, I saw one mechanic during the P2 rain break holding a one litre oil bottle in his hand. I don't recall which garage, because I was trying to see what he had. It was just a grey, unlabeled bottle, so it could have been anything from motor oil to hydraulic fluid to whatever else might be used.

The only thing I don't much care for about Monaco, is that overtaking is all but impossible. If you don't qualify well, and there is no rain, it's almost impossible to finish on the podium. Especially today with the elimination of refueling. I read that the FIA is considering bringing back refueling to Formula 1 in 2017. I hope they do as it adds another dimension to race strategy.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Lewis on pole.

[censored] I taped it. Spoiler!

I'm sorry.

I predict lots of broken bodywork, as there are an abnormal number of annoyed drivers out of place for whatever reasons (traffic, reliability, penalties) looking to make amends and take extra risks. That might be fun for a few destructive seconds, but we'll just be watching them parade around behind the safety car mostly while they sweep up -- which ironically gives you a better view of the beautiful city!
I'll be watching it on Univision (no ads!) and try to add to my Spanish racing vocabulary.

I think you are right. There is potential for a lot of damage.
I promise not to come on here early and spoil it for anyone this time!

Lewis on pole.

[censored] I taped it. Spoiler!

It was going to be a 50% chance so not a big spoiler...

Hopefully there isn't as much carnage as the Formula E race. I look forward to the race tomorrow, this is the one race that I get up at 0430 to watch.

I am thinking Lewis, but I would not be surprised if he pushes too hard and hits a barrier at some point.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I am thinking Lewis, but I would not be surprised if he pushes too hard and hits a barrier at some point.

Way more likely that Nico tries something silly. I reckon any drama is better than the usual parade.

I promise not to come on here early and spoil it for anyone this time!

I'm going to be watching Indy, (It starts out here at 8:00 AM), and tape Formula 1. Racing all day tomorrow.

Hopefully there isn't as much carnage as the Formula E race.

How much slower are those electric cars by the last lap?

Hard to tell since they used a modified version of the circuit. They also used a much shorter version of the Long Beach GP circuit. Really cool idea for a series, but it needs some polishing.

I know there are quite a few Formula 1 wash outs in there like Heidfeld, Truly, Nelson Piquet,and Scott Speed. At least they managed to salvage some kind of ride. Especially Scott Speed. Red Bull pumped over $30 MILLION into his Formula 1 career that went nowhere.

That was a stupid move to bring Hamilton in for a tire change. Is this a move by Mercedes to keep it competitive between both cars?

Last edited:
Awesome race, I will leave it at that until others get to see it. Now for Indy.

Which parts did you think were "awesome"? Grosjean slowing abruptly to make Verstappen hit him? M-B miscalculation in pitting Lewis and costing him victory? Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back