Flew South, now driving a clunker home

Status
Not open for further replies.
My passion remains, I want an 80s caprice or fleetwood I can slap antique plates on and cruise to the drive in in.

After booking my ticket, I came to the conclusion those were mostly "donked" out. So I went anyway as a proof of concept. I'd do it again, now that I've worked out a method.

Besides, they stopped making "Top Gear", so I had to invent my own amusement.
wink.gif

How many hits did you get on your youtube? Little bit editing and little bit more publicity and you could have a small TomGear like cult following! I'm already in!!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
My passion remains, I want an 80s caprice or fleetwood I can slap antique plates on and cruise to the drive in in.

After booking my ticket, I came to the conclusion those were mostly "donked" out. So I went anyway as a proof of concept. I'd do it again, now that I've worked out a method.

wink.gif

Bringing a "donked" one back would probably make for more drama on the way home though! Think of the extra youtube hits as you try to fix someones bad mods in a walmart parking lot at 11pm...

What about a hill? I could 3 point turn it by just rolling backwards in neutral!

Bought another ticket for a few weeks out. But not for this car. Wait for it...

What about a hill? I could 3 point turn it by just rolling backwards in neutral!

Bought another ticket for a few weeks out. But not for this car. Wait for it...

You're coming for my Taurus aren't you.
wink.gif

Sure! I may yet find a "keeper" but I have the attention span of a gnat with some cars.

It could be drama, or you could sell the wheels and tires for what you paid for the entire car, making the car free, or close to it after you buy some steelies and replacement tires, new or used.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

wink.gif

Bringing a "donked" one back would probably make for more drama on the way home though! Think of the extra youtube hits as you try to fix someones bad mods in a walmart parking lot at 11pm...

Hmm. Since you are in the business now, go down south and find me a good jeep XJ :p

That seems to be the new norm here. And, wow, do they make vehicles. There's a local dealer that does this with Cherokees ... Has ZERO problem selling a rust free 1997 Cherokee for $6K

XJs are on my list! So are 1989-1995 Accords and Camrys with eg this thread

Sadly unobtainable or outside of my comfort zone/ expertise are bro trucks ($$$) and 80s trucks (really falling apart.) American cars from the smog & crash bumper era are suddenly cool and pricy... I thought the 73 lemans was junk when I was a kid, but now I think they're cool, and someone else beat me to it by a whisker.
wink.gif

I'd get a saturn s-car if I had to get home, which, with my aversion to same-day ticket purchases, might happen. They don't rust much, so I wouldn't come out too much better for getting one down there.

I could get a 3rd gen camaro or fox body mustang, I guess, particularly an unappreciated 4 or 6 cyl.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Hmm. Since you are in the business now, go down south and find me a good jeep XJ :p

That seems to be the new norm here. And, wow, do they make vehicles. There's a local dealer that does this with Cherokees ... Has ZERO problem selling a rust free 1997 Cherokee for $6K

XJ.....mmmmm

May be you can get together with another BITOGer from that area and have him do the initial scouting?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

XJ.....mmmmm

I'm starting to lose the battle with mine
frown.gif

Soon I may have to pick up another

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

XJ.....mmmmm

I'm starting to lose the battle with mine
frown.gif

Soon I may have to pick up another

Fly down, have a bitog meetup. Bring dashcams. Make your own top gear episodes as you roll, limp and smoke your way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back