Flew South, now driving a clunker home

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do we get to see the rest of your new ride? Power locks and ABS were standard that year, IIRC.

My mom just retired her old z24. She has this crazy attachment to it but has moved on to an Escape.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
When do we get to see the rest of your new ride? Power locks and ABS were standard that year, IIRC.

Yup, and the power locks lock when it's put in drive then don't unlock when put in park.

An oversight there.

ABS is a monster spaghetti factory hanging off the master cylinder. And a little badge on the bumper. "Stay back, I can stop faster than you." It does have wicked good, firm, brakes, dust notwithstanding.

DSC_0106_zpshn7j648k.jpg

DSC_0105_zpssqmgyxgs.jpg

DSC_0107_zpsnfipiary.jpg

DSC_0110_zpsw0kmktro.jpg

DSC_0119_zpslmpk4w2w.jpg

DSC_0120_zpsfwl9fcdk.jpg

DSC_0115_zpslclwb7xo.jpg

Wow! Good find. You've gotta tell us how much?

Undercoat that thing and it should last a long time!

Wow that is clean! Looks like the pullout cupholder is gone?

So what options doe it have? Auto and AC? Any radio? You didn't see many of those without side moldings and RH mirror, looks like you have a VL there.

If the AM/FM radio is an option, I did have that.

Note, "did."

Listed it overnight and a dealer showed up this morning and paid asking price. Then told me if I could come up with some more of these southern creampuffs to let him know.
banana2.gif

Paid vacation or new career? LOL.

i'm looking at the undercarriage pics, and there is something wrong there. I see.... paint? Where are the holes??? scaly rust and other evils?

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Note, "did."

Listed it overnight and a dealer showed up this morning and paid asking price. Then told me if I could come up with some more of these southern creampuffs to let him know.
banana2.gif

Factoring in Waffle House, air tix, purchase price, car rental, hotel, gasoline, and licensing.... did you break even?

Note, "did."

banana2.gif

I wonder what the dealer will ask for it? $4895? Depends if they can get the interior looking better I guess

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup

Factoring in Waffle House, air tix, purchase price, car rental, hotel, gasoline, and licensing.... did you break even?

Helping myself to that "free air" in Virginia after someone else paid $1 and filled their tire put me over the top.
crackmeup2.gif

But, seriously, I did better than my day job, which was paying me paid vacation concurrently.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
You northerners sure get excited about rust free cars. I can buy that car for less than $1000 every single day and twice on Sunday.
Your right, your lucky.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
You northerners sure get excited about rust free cars. I can buy that car for less than $1000 every single day and twice on Sunday.

The dealer I sold it to said keep 'em coming!
shocked.gif

Note, "did."

banana2.gif

You know before I moved back North a couple months ago I thought about doing that. Have a truck with a 2 car hauler trailer. The catch is the Southerners will take our rusty cars that will no longer pass inspection up North. The drivetrains are still good and they would run them till they drop since there are no inspections in my old area. Take two down, bring two up.

Yeah a dealer here sold me a tow dolley and he dragged rusty cars south to a buy-here-pay-here lot. Though we only shot the breeze for a minute, he let me know that if you bought here, paid here, you've made a few mistakes in life.
crackmeup2.gif

The numbers (gas & tolls, let alone time) don't run as well with a truck & dolly vs just flying down, though having a rustbucket backhaul might help.

Thought of grabbing myself an older car down there...

Very hard to find older escapes up here with lots of rust....

So you did all this for just little money? I thought this was your passion but alas I am so disappointed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back