Fram vs Purolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram 4309 has 74 pleats, and a puro classic has 65.

The quality of the puro is way better than the fram for only $1.50 more. Thoughts?

Fram uses a glass blended cellulose media while Purolator uses plain cellulose which requires more media to achieve the same holding capacity. The Fram gets the job done with less media.

Also your prices don't match up with everything I see locally, what is your price source?

Air filters...? A fram at walmart is $7.50 and a puro at aap is 9.99. And I counted the pleats... Are you talking oil because im talking air.

Fram part # for my nissan is 4309

Originally Posted By: DarthDuty
Air filters...? A fram at walmart is $7.50 and a puro at aap is 9.99. And I counted the pleats... Are you talking oil because im talking air.

Fram part # for my nissan is 4309

Yes sorry I thought I was in an oil filter thread!

Well will more pleats be better/worse? Air flow or filtration wise

Without knowing the efficiency or flow rate of the different media comparing pleat counts is useless.

I am pretty sure Fram knows what the oem filters need to be for flow, holding capacity and efficiency so they typically will meet or exceed those figures with whatever it takes.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Fram makes enough OEM air filters that I'm confident they meet or exceed requirements.

+1

My car takes that size, and I just installed a PA24278 (I like the slightly oiled air filters)

Purolator's P1 was made in the USA

The Tough Guard TGA4309 comes from Mexico

Also, AAP has those codes, and I got my P1 for only $10

TG has yellow media
P1 has blue media

Fram 4309 has 74 pleats, and a puro classic has 65.

The quality of the puro is way better than the fram for only $1.50 more. Thoughts?

The build quality is M U C H better on the Puro than the Fram. I detest Fram air filters. Flimsy pieces of paper junk.

I use the P1 (blue media.) By far my favorite filter.

For a 1.50 more and better build quality, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back