Tractor Supply Traveller 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone - new member here. This forum comes up in a lot of my oil Google searches so I decided to join up. From a past old thread I found in one of my Google searches, I read some good things about the TSC Traveller oil and decided to try it. I just changed my oil in my 2003 Excursion 6.0 Powerstroke and used the Traveller 15W40. Current mileage is 122500.

I searched for recent threads on this topic but didn't find anything - my question is are there any updates and experiences with this oil? I know some folks have had Blackstone do an oil analysis and it came back satisfactory.

I was previously running Rotella and I'm sending a 7500 mile sample to them tomorrow. I'll send in a 7500 mile sample for the Traveller on my next change.

Thanks!

John

Hi, John.

Remember that we're talking about a 6.0 Ford here -- be careful about extrapolating data from another engine and assuming that establishes suitability for your situation.

Not to get too off topic but... The oil seems about the same as Supertech 15w-40

While I have no personal experience with the Traveller brand oil as long as its CJ-4 rated (which it is) it will preform as advertised.

I ran a 6.0 from '04-Dec. of '14 with two trucks totaling over 350,000 mi., the 6.0 injectors prefer 10w-30 and I ran it for over 130,000 mi.with UOA data for each OC to back up my assertation.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
While I have no personal experience with the Traveller brand oil as long as its CJ-4 rated (which it is) it will preform as advertised.

I ran a 6.0 from '04-Dec. of '14 with two trucks totaling over 350,000 mi., the 6.0 injectors prefer 10w-30 and I ran it for over 130,000 mi.with UOA data for each OC to back up my assertation.

Did your MPG's improve with the 10W30? I've always used 15W40 in mine. Any issues switching to the thinner oil after all these years? I bought the vehicle new in '03.

I switched my '07 at approx 75,000 mi. and traded it in at 211,000 mi. without issue. I'm sure there was a slight improvement in MPG, but nothing earth shattering. In the HDEO section I have several UOA's posted if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back