Redline SI-1 still one of the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mauric3
Only thing i like with redline that is has a funnel type of bottle so its easier to pour it in the gas tank while the RP is just a regular bottle so it might be a bit messier if you are not careful in pouring...

yes. Save the bottle too instead of throwing it out at the gas station and you can reuse it for redline for maintenance dosage or for other product.

If there's some left in the crook, that'll even out on the next usage.

Last edited:
I was a religious SI-1 maintenance dose user for a a long long time, but have since switched to Renewable Lubricants Bio-Plus. ~$40 a gallon is hard to beat, and I see lower average misfire counts with it (vs. no measurable improvement over straight Shell V-Power with SI-1). SI-1 is definitely an awesome product, but the price:performance ratio doesn't fit well with my usage pattern vs competitors.

--Matt

Last edited:
No idea on the PEA, definitely on the something else. My wallet and engine (at least, as far as the ECU tells me) have been happier since I switched to it. I'm not sure what it's deposit profile looks like, and am not super concerned about it at the recommended treatment rate. I've not seen anything first hand supporting it, but Terry Dyson apparently recommends it.

RLI is local to me, and I like supporting local businesses, so that sealed it for me.

--Matt

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mkosem
I was a religious SI-1 maintenance dose user for a a long long time, but have since switched to Renewable Lubricants Bio-Plus. ~$40 a gallon is hard to beat, and I see lower average misfire counts with it (vs. no measurable improvement over straight Shell V-Power with SI-1). SI-1 is definitely an awesome product, but the price:performance ratio doesn't fit well with my usage pattern vs competitors.

--Matt

RL Bio-Plus is on Amazon Prime.
What is the PEA content on it??

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: mkosem

--Matt

RL Bio-Plus is on Amazon Prime.
What is the PEA content on it??

No idea.

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back