Battery? Alternator? Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone jumping to the "electrical system" conclusion? The car started fine- its likely not a battery problem.

My bet would be a dirty AIS passage and/or throttle body. It died or ran poorly at idle every time.

It could also be something more obtuse like losing the cam phasing signal (depending on make/model of car, which I still haven't seen).

It could also be the body control module which runs "everything" including the alternator on some cars, and the theft deterrent ignition.

Luckily we know it's a 1978 LeSable Horizon.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
The engine restarted immediately so, I rule out the charging system...for now but, check it out! Sounds like some fuel restriction issues, not the battery or alternator!
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Why is everyone jumping to the "electrical system" conclusion? The car started fine- its likely not a battery problem.

My bet would be a dirty AIS passage and/or throttle body. It died or ran poorly at idle every time.

It could also be something more obtuse like losing the cam phasing signal (depending on make/model of car, which I still haven't seen).

^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back