Ever have someone offer to buy your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From time to time I will get someone who will ask if I want to sell the WS6. I still have it.
smile.gif

I have a reputation for having an extreme case of OCD when it comes to maintaining my vehicles. At present I have three standing offers to buy the jeep and at least a half dozen to buy the Club Sport. Neither are for sale(although I did sell my 2002 yesterday- didn't have to advertise, just spread the word to several of my friends in the '02 community).

When I bought the Focus, I put a few pictures on facebook.

I had more than a few offers for pretty much what I paid for the Cherokee. Looking back ... I'm not sure if I should have done it (good financial decision at he time) or kept it like I did. If I had not kept it, I wouldn't have my current job making $10K more than my previous job.

I'd make him an offer ridiculous enough that if he agreed you'd feel like you won a lottery. Best of both worlds - either you'd make out with a king's ransom or he'd leave you alone.

Sure everything is for sale for the right price. If its worth $3k tell him you could consider it for $9,500.

I used to have a 97 Chevrolet Caprice Classic (wit the 5.7 350ci) and received a letter from a fairly large taxi company asking if I wanted to sell it. Those cars are very dependable and safe. Part of the reason it was a safe car was because it was on a really heavy chassis. It didn't get very good fuel economy but that was back when gas was around $1.50.

Last edited:
Oh yes-and even with a "no" had them try following me home. I watch my mirrors more carefully than most-since I lost a '70 Z-28 40 years ago by not watching close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back